Any chance to make the camera more snappy and responsive?

How it works now, pressing and holding the right mouse button, the camera accelerates faster after a very minor pause in the direction you pull it, until reaching a maximum speed. It's functional but I feel it also adds to the feeling of camera being a bit sluggish and slow when playing the game. I like to play in realtime and pause as little as possible, and being able to whip the camera around quickly and precisely, when needed would improve the experience a lot.

What I would like to see, instead of an analog acceleration system, when you press the mouse button to pivot the camera there would be instant movement corresponding to 1:1 movement of the mouse. Exactly how you would expect the viewport to move if you were playing a first person shooter on a PC.

Another thing I would like would be to expose the keyboard camera and zoom scrollspeed to the settings, so you could pick which speed is comfortable for you. I would speed it up quite a lot my self but having the choice for everyone would be great.

Maybe there are engine issues for why the camera is a bit slow and sluggish, I don't know. I can accept it if this is the case. But if it's relatively trivial or easy to implement some changes, and a better camera (imo), I would definitely be all for it.

My 2 cents

Hmmm, that's different from my experience.  The camera seems to be at a 1:1 ratio.  No acceleration.  Maybe it's a setting?  I never  bother with any camera settings (or at least haven't for years). I had a problem about a year ago with my wireless mouse, but don't remember what it was...don't think it was the problem you're having, maxium.  Anyway, went back to a wired mouse, and it works fine.

I think when you get a computer mouse there's a function (somewhere) in the control panels to control the tracking speed. I haven't had to do it in years. Some people like slow-scrolling mouses (mice?) while others prefer zippy cursor movement. That might be the first place to look to adjust camera tracking movement in the game - the hardware. Of course there's also the option-click function to jump directly to another spot on the map.