German AA vehicle movement, won't reverse

Here is something I've noticed while playing a scenario in CMBN 3.11:

Germans have several flak vehicles which cannot shoot straight ahead. . Because of this limitation it often makes sense to keep the side or back of the vehicle towards the enemy that you intend to fire. One such vehicle has 4x20mm, another one 37mm gun.
I try to make short movements using Reverse order. Once the vehicle stops it is immediately ready to fire.

BUT: often the vehicle won't move using reverse, but instead decides to make a slow 180 degree turn, then drives forward and stops in orientation so that it cannot use its gun.
IMO this is quite annoying. Movements take much more time and the vehicle is very vulnerable every time it cannot protect itself.

What do you think - is this a problem?  And could it be changed so that for these flak vehicles it would use Reverse order if player has plotted that order?

You'll need to be able to prove it's not user error... A saved orders file from a turn where the vehicle rotated to face rather than reversing, in spite of a reverse movement order would do it, or a movie of the order issuing and misexecution, if you're a habitual Real Time player. Every time I've seen the blighters (other vehicles; don't think I've ever played with a german flak halftrack) try and go forwards when I thought I told them to reverse, it has turned out (on checking the orders file) that I'd actually given them Quick orders instead because of misclicks or brainfarts. To my eyes, Reverse and Quick movement legs are functionally identical colours (and both barely distinguishable from Fast).

I play turn based games, so such files should be easy to do if developers ask. This happens often.

IMO Quick turn's colour is yellow and for Reverse it's light green.

EDIT: Just tried this situation when playing the scenario in 1 player turn based mode and the problem didn't happen. The vehicle reversed just like it was supposed to. So either the problem happens in PBEM mode or then it's really user error time and time again, like you suggested. I must pay attention to this while continuing PBEM.

Edited by SlowMotion

I play turn based games, so such files should be easy to do if developers ask. This happens often.

IMO Quick turn's colour is yellow and for Reverse it's light green.

EDIT: Just tried this situation when playing the scenario in 1 player turn based mode and the problem didn't happen. The vehicle reversed just like it was supposed to. So either the problem happens in PBEM mode or then it's really user error time and time again, like you suggested. I must pay attention to this while continuing PBEM.

One thing I *know* I've done which may be happening is issuing a (in this case) reverse order correctly in the first place, but then - with that leg selected - eg to re-position the waypoint - accidentally click on another movement type whilst it is still active ... Although not intended, that will override the movement command for the active leg with the new command / movement type ...

This would lead to you replacing your original intention with a "wrong" command?

One thing I *know* I've done which may be happening is issuing a (in this case) reverse order correctly in the first place, but then - with that leg selected - eg to re-position the waypoint - accidentally click on another movement type whilst it is still active ... Although not intended, that will override the movement command for the active leg with the new command / movement type ...

This would lead to you replacing your original intention with a "wrong" command?

Lol, I've done that many a time!

I've used US and German Flak halftracks on several occasions in PBEM and what the OP describes has never happened to me. However, the above has happened to me a lot, but I usually catch it while still in the command phase and correct the mistake. It is very easy to make, I must say.