North Africa Mini Mod

Take your time Koh, these things work out for the better when not rushed imo... I am sure we will all scoop it up when you say it is ready.  Thanks in advance for doing this.

Has anyone tried to convert CMBB and CMAK scenarios to the CMx2 engine.  I know there are a few out there, but since most of the research and map work (to make overlay templates for CMx2 from within the CMx1 map editors) is already completed, wouldn't that make them perfect for being recreated for CMx2 games?  It is a shame as there were lots of great scenarios created for CMx1.

I ask as I am giving this a go for a Tunisia scenario from CMAK called Action Front!  I made overlay templates of the maps with screen shots from within the CMAK editor, patched together in Photoshop. Obviously these would then be used in the map editor in CMFI using the Tunisia mod pack. 

I am sure there would be several good early time period NA scenarios in CMAK that could be recreated with your mod pack Koh.  For sure certain units and time period would be an issue, but that could be worked around semi-historically I am sure??  Just a thought for the community.

Of course all credit would be given to the original creator of the CMx1 scenario /operation (if known).

Speak of the devil I got a bit of a 2nd wind and was just working on the mini mod. I couldn't find certain files in the data folders for days and days and just now finally located the culprits. Grey German helmets kept showing up in Nord Afrika!  :(

Now I can fix that problem.

Thanks for the voice of support!

I uploaded a folder with [africa] modtagged German helmets so no grey helmets appear for German Motorized Infantry. :D

Here is the link to my CMFI Africa Mini Mod dropbox.

Please help yourself. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v679vm8rukgk9qh/AABllXmGqJSxCU3MVFyXXlbba?dl=0

This will be a slowly evolving work in progress with stuff added as it gets developed.

I will now be tagging all mods as [africa] but eventually might have a non-tagged version to put in a 2nd install for QB enablement.

The dropbox folder now includes:

1. the new desert horizons tagged ][africa]

2. Egger's DAK kubelwagen, DAK Opel Blitz, DAK Protze, DAK PzIII. All  tagged as [africa].

3. Aris L3/35 tagged as [africa].

4. A modtag text file africa.txt which says africa in the body. Place that in your scenario folder and import to any battle you want to be a North African battleground.

5. a folder with [africa] modtagged German helmets so no grey helmets appear for German Motorized Infantry

More to follow!

Edited by kohlenklau

DAK%20Logo_zps0kvqrnje.png

I have the HD space so I will set up an extra install of CMFI for the Africa mod so I can enjoy QB's against the AI or my PBEM buddies.

Here is the half-azz icon I made for the desktop shortcut. I am learning by slaughter the dropshadow tools.

I put the icon file in the dropbox for anyone doing the extra install and wants the shortcut to look different vs standard CMFI.

Edited by kohlenklau

OK, I put a folder in the dropbox for the 8x8 small modular building that has a variety of flat rofs and appearances. No mosque yet. :(

Ctrl-click or shift-click in the editor 3D preview and roll through until you find the look you like. Some mods by Kieme from CMSF.

I put today's date on the folder. If and when I come out with an update on this modular building portion of the mod, then just delete the entire older and replace with the new named recent revision folder.

Edited by kohlenklau

I uploaded waclaw's sound mods for [africa] wind and combat.

Also the desert palm tree and cacti. I will eventually create an editing guide with images to show what tree it is and what bush it is. And for the other items.

Here are the contents as of today. I hope to add a few small simple scenarios this week! :D

21Feb2016%20Contents_zpsicexuhot.png

"Fiamme Cremisi"....named after the crimson flames of the Bersaglieri collar flashes.

I dropped this small simple scenario to play as British 8th Army allies against the Italian Bersaglieri axis AI in punching bag mode. No briefing, nothing elaborate. Just a sampler.

512m x 512m map with a wadi and some flat roofed buildings.

OK, I see from the screenshots that I MADE A MISTAKE and have not uploaded the [africa] modtagged desert terrain from CMSF that I built the map with.

So, it is uploaded now along with the "short telephone" pole seen in many WW2 desert war movies.

You must have had alt-T on because where are the palm trees Heinrich? You chopped them down? :D

IF ANYBODY WANTS TO HELP WITH THIS MOD, PM ME! Or to make a scenario, hint hint hint.