North Africa Mini Mod

The CMBS Winter Mod is all by BarabricCo. I only have the demo! :D

But I was unable so far to figure out how to get the flat roofed building into CMFI. 

The scenario editor in the demo is not functional so I am not seeing how the flat roofed buildings behave.

I thought an mdr file itself was the key to the shape of the house but the mdr's from CMBS when placed in CMFI do not yet make a flat roofed building.

Hmmm. I remember seeing a thread where someone experimented with this same thing but I cannot track it down.

I have to work all weekend but will try to mess with this some time soon.

Edited by kohlenklau

@RepsolCBR    I am working to get us the mosque with the help of Tempestzzz.

Question: Do your current palm trees from Tunisia mod pack when based on the same ground level as a 2 story building, are they as tall as the building? I dabbled with a CMSF demo scenario and it seems the palm trees just get about to the top of the 2nd story flat roof. I am able to reproduce that height. 20+ foot height seems ok for desert palms. Right? This isn't Beverly Hills! :D

hello, Kohlenklau...

I think the plamtrees from the tunisia modpack is perhaps the same ones.

look here...

1 story building with tree at ground level.

CM%20Fortress%20Italy%202016-02-03%2017-

2 story building with tree at ground level.

2 story building with trees eleveted to level 21.

I'm looking forward to see what you guys modding effort will bring us. The inclusion of flat roofed buildings is brilliant. The one most needed thing imo. They look very nice !

A mosque...Yes, bring it on ! :P

A small question/request...Do you guys think you can include a white/whitish plaster alternative to the flat roofed buildings. Kind of...

plaster2_zpsqk8dt8o7.jpg

If you feel that plastered buildings will be appropiate for the setting. Maybe also include a wall optinon with simular textures.

Many thanks / RepsolCBR

It really looks nice. :) You got everything. I mean after you get a mosque what else do you need an Sdkfz 250 with Grief painted on the side.?

You know if you can get that copula problem solved for the Mosques (copula doesn't show in FI or Normandy)-you can open a Central Asia mod up for Black Sea. HAHAHAHA:lol:

I've lived in Arizona, Panama and Hawaii-palm trees can get quite tall depending on the type. Royal Palms can get easily 2 stories tall. The one in my back yard is 1 1/2 stories. I've seen some outside Luke AFB, AZ easily 4 stories. What is posted here looks natural to me. Don't forget cactus and aloe from FI.

Edited by Tempestzzzz

Mosque report: No success yet on my experiments with getting the mosque to appear in CMFI despite assistance from Tempestzzzz and Grunt_GI.

Question for anyone with CMBS: is there a mosque in CMBS?

CMSF seems to have a system of 8 different roof mdr's for each sized modular bldg. As you ctrl-click the roof during 3D preview, the program cycles to the next roof mdr # which displays a bit differently with the final 8th roof being the roof mdr with "roof-mosque" in the body as seen during hex edit.It has a section called dome which I guess is the part of that mdr which 3D creates the skeleton for the roof-mosque bmp textures. I am trying various renames and tricks but no success so far but I will not give up yet.