North Africa Mini Mod

Hello...

For anyone thinking about making north africa scenarios...I think even the stock graphics will work fairly well when it comes to making some desert terrain.

The only mod used here is the sand-mod from the Tunisa-pack found at CMMODS...

desert1_zpsnmk52oun.png

desert2_zpsa3rkm0bt.png

desert3_zpsvhrl66tz.png

desert4_zps2piizfm8.png

desert5_zpsikixwfwy.png

These pictures are from a scenario i'm currently working on...They may not be considdered perfect if you are an 'desert grogg' but i think they will do B)

Hopefully Kohlenklau and other talented modders will eventually give use a number of sutable mods (uniform, vehicles) for the north african theatre but even the stock vehicles does not look all that terribly out of place in an north african scenario...Not perfect perhaps...but OK.

Africa should be possible (fictional scenarios atlest...)

Some flat roofed building would be nice though but that will probably not be possible to mod...unfortunatelly...

@RepsolCBR

I think somebody did try to bring a CMSF flat roof building over to CMFI. I forget where I saw it.

Your map looks good! EDIT: I like that "wadi" you put in there. Very deserty!

I did mostly sand tile and from a distance it looks too much a constant pattern if you know what I mean.

PM me your email address and when my internet is fixed we can share a dropbox for the mods and maps. Maybe play a desert PBEM?

Edited by kohlenklau

I got the CMSF desert horizons from alwaysfish and they look "marvelous darling"....!

Here is the link to my CMFI Africa Mini Mod dropbox.

Please help yourself. 

Might still be uploading as my internet connection is slow as maple syrup in January.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v679vm8rukgk9qh/AABllXmGqJSxCU3MVFyXXlbba?dl=0

This will be a slowly evolving work in progress with stuff added as it gets developed.

I will now be tagging all mods as [africa] but eventually might have a non-tagged version to put in a 2nd install for QB enablement.

The dropbox folder now includes:

1. the new desert horizons tagged ][africa]

2. Egger's DAK kubelwagen tagged as [africa].

3. Egger's DAK Opel Blitz tagged as [africa].

4. A modtag text file africa.txt which says africa in the body. Place that in your scenario folder and import to any battle you want to be a North African battleground.

More to follow!

Edited by kohlenklau

Some pictures from the town of Gabes (from a WIP desert scenario)...

I agree with Kohlenklau...Some Shockforce buildings would be very nice. It would be awesome if those somehow could be imported to CMFI...

the best i have been able to do with the current stuff. (still WIP)

CM%20Fortress%20Italy%202016-01-17%2018-

CM%20Fortress%20Italy%202016-01-17%2016-

Edited by RepsolCBR

Phil,

That looked really great.  As always, I am impressed with your energy and talents.

Watching your short video all I could think was Holy Crap, another 15 minutes of this and we'll be changing air filters for sure.  :D

Really nice work so far.  Remember, if we have jeeps with 50 cals, Priests, US Halftracks, and deuce-and-a-half trucks, you can just give them a German desert color, and then we have..."The Rat Patrol." 

Heinrich505

I'm not sure if you are aware of this mod, but I recently found it on CMMoDs III and it looks like it could help you out a lot. Its a Tunisia conversion pack for CMFI> Heres the link:

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1477

I figured you might be able to get into contact with the mod author and use some of his assets. Plus, there is apparently a master map in there covering a big chunk of Tunisian battlefields. Hope this helps!

I'm not sure if you are aware of this mod, but I recently found it on CMMoDs III and it looks like it could help you out a lot. Its a Tunisia conversion pack for CMFI> Heres the link:

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1477

I figured you might be able to get into contact with the mod author and use some of his assets. Plus, there is apparently a master map in there covering a big chunk of Tunisian battlefields. Hope this helps!

Yes I am sure they are aware of it.  Always good to make sure though.

@RepsolCBR  Your palm trees seemed tall, where are they from?

They are the ones from the Tunisa mod-pack...

They might look a little taller in the screenshots but thats probably because i have raised some of the areas with trees one level.

ex. surrounding areas level 20 and the tiles with trees and grass level 21...

I dl'd the CMSF demo last night. 1st the good news: there are lots of terrain textures I can insert into CMFI to make a nicer looking desert terrain.

Now the bad news: the CMSF building mdr format was too different from CMBN and I consider it a dead end so I am now dl-ing the CMBS demo.

I think CMBS has a flat topped building perhaps? Can anyone confirm?