North Africa Mini Mod

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

"dessert" as in ice cream or cakes on the trolley??   (Confused as to what are the imported mod(s) we're supposed to be looking at.)

It's not nice to make fun of people. English is not my mother tongue, I'm trying to communicate with people and be a part of this community with the best of my abilities.

The imported assets are the sacks, carts, plant and well. You won't find these in stock CMFI. Just a couple of things I thought would not look out of place in a desert setting.

12 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

I have been playing arround with this mod and have imported a couple of dessert-like flavor objects that seemed appropriate.

A small settlement, bir-el-something.

Nice job.  Maybe we will get a CMAK yet.  @kohlenklau also did some work in this area you might find interesting. 

6 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Nice job.  Maybe we will get a CMAK yet.  @kohlenklau also did some work in this area you might find interesting. 

Yes, I'm just adding to his core mod, that's why I'm posting here, he only imported palm trees and short power poles as far as I know. All my additions are labeled [africa] and I hope they can be added to his folder once he comes back.

Most things are from Afghanistan and the well is from CMRT. I have also imported a lot of flat roof buildings from Afghanistan, sadly you can't use the roof as a firing position.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 9:07 AM, kohlenklau said:

@Ivan Zaitzev

I cannot edit and place it in the first post. But I fixed the link and here it is...AS IS WORK IN PROGRESS

I uploaded a folder with [africa] modtagged German helmets so no grey helmets appear for German Motorized Infantry. :D

Here is the link to my CMFI Africa Mini Mod dropbox.

Please help yourself. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v679vm8rukgk9qh/AABllXmGqJSxCU3MVFyXXlbba?dl=0

I have not downloaded this yet, but I intend to do so in the next few days... the desert war is an interest of mine so this is right up my alley.

Excellent work to all involved.

16 hours ago, Bil Hardenberger said:

I have not downloaded this yet, but I intend to do so in the next few days... the desert war is an interest of mine so this is right up my alley.

Excellent work to all involved.

Glad to see you back around Bil!

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

What is the purpose of the "modtag text file goes in scenario folder.txt" files?

I believe it is to make it easier to find the modtag in the editor when making missions that you want to have utilize the tagged mods. 

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

Ok, so nothing to do with making the mod appear properly in the game when playing a scenario...?

Well if you want a scenario to utilize the Africa mods, then you need to apply the modtag in the editor. In order to do that the modtag text file must be accessible via the editor. I think this is just a reminder to put the text file in a place you can remember, and where the editor can be pointed to. 

Not talking about creating a scenario...

What I meant by the question is that to get the mods to show up in a current scenario one downloaded to play, is it correct that the location of these "modtag text file goes in scenario folder.txt" files doesn't matter?

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Not talking about creating a scenario...

What I meant by the question is that to get the mods to show up in a current scenario one downloaded to play, is it correct that the location of these "modtag text file goes in scenario folder.txt" files doesn't matter?

AFAIK the txt file with modtags is only used by the scenario creator to import the tags into the scenario editor. Then, the player of the scenario only needs to put the tagged mods in the mod folder for it all to work.

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, Ivan Zaitzev said:

I have been playing arround with this mod and have imported a couple of dessert-like flavor objects that seemed appropriate.

A small settlement, bir-el-something.

EeOBQTe.jpg

Very nice. Can you share? I'm back on grid for a while and wanted to share the compiled N. Africa work that had not been released. Would like to incorporate your inputs.

• 2 years later...
On 4/10/2016 at 7:19 PM, RepsolCBR said:

Hello...

I have finished my first arfica scenario...Rats in Gabes

The player will be commanding the 7th Argylls battalion/ 51st Highland division. The battalion have been tasked with assulting the town of Gabes, west of the Mareth-line in march 1943.

The 51st along with a few other formations have been able to bypass the axis defences along the Mareth-line by circuling around the Matmatahills to the south.

Your battalion are now in a good possition to assult the town from the south. If succesful this will close the only escaperoute west for the axis troops holding the Mareth-line.

You will initialy be commanding 2 companies of infantry supported by a few shermans from the 8th armoured brigade. Later one more company (depleted) will become avaliable.

The size of this scenario is BATTALION MINUS.

I have also included a 'reserves function' in this scenario. About halfway into the fight the player will recieve some additional reinforcements (reserves) from an other battalion.

If your attack boggs down and you feel that you will not be able to achive your asigned objectives you will be able to commit these troops to the battle.

However..these troops where initially intende to do other things and it will not go down well with you 'higher up' if you need to commit them.

The player will lose points in this scenario if he does. A total victory will no longer be possible. Use them only if you need them...

The map is basically a rubbled town with some desert infront of it. Al the larger modular buildings and some of the smaller ones as well as some of the independent buildings have fully functional internal doors.

The scenario will take advantage of several of the north africa mods that Kohlenklau have put together in his north african dropbox folder...

Many thanks to the modders ! :)

I tried to upload the scenario to the scenario depot but that did not work...probably due to the size because of the mods...

You can download it here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b92xe0wl4r685sa/Rats%20in%20Gabes.rar?dl=0

Good luck with the fighting !

/ RepsolCBR

Anybody have this?