North Africa Mini Mod

I want to do a "mini mod" for Africa as soon as my dang internet is fixed. Who is with me?

Ok, first we need team shirts and a mascot. I was thinking black polo's with gold trim and maybe a jerboa?

This will be a fairly simple, small, low scope venture. Brits vs Italians and the IBTC "Itty Bitty Tanky Committee".

Can I get some CMSF desert horizons from someone please? If they work with CMFI...

I am modding already a British scout car.

Already working some Italian desert uniforms from my semi-dead Malta project... 

I aim to have ONE single upload to cmmods3 with all the parts and pieces and a few small scenarios. Cut and dry.

PM me if you are interested and be advised my internet is choking wind lately. Should be fixed this week I hope.

I will not do any modding (atleast not for the time being) but i have taken up your challange from the N Africa 1940 thread to try and make a scenario in these settings.

It will be a fictional battle set in march (july) 1943. 

Town, dersert map with brittish troops attacking german forces defending Gabes (a german fallback possition to the Mareth-line).

IRL the germans abandoned Gabes after being threatened with encirclement as i understand it but in this scenario the germans will stand and fight.

Mixed forces on both sides (infantry and armour).

This started out as a test to see if a could make a map with some 'deserty-feeling' to it...it's comming along very nicely i think. Map almost done.

I have not yet decided excatelly what kind of forces i will use in this scenario but if you do decide to do some N Africa modding and some of your work fitts within this scenario i

would be happy to use it...

ETA on finished scenario will be 1-2 months i guess...

Sorry fellas, I aim to head back toward the early days before Rommel even arrived!

Whut!...  No 88s' and a Desert Fox?  Ahh... COME ON!!  :ph34r::)
This mod sounds great though. 
My excitement waned some when I found out no German units involved.
That is ok, as this is a start of something good for sure.

Edited by Blazing 88's

Correct...:)

A Tunisia pack made by long left flank.

I'm using parts of it (terrain) but it does not include many vehicles or uniforms...some americans uniforms and 2 axis vehicles...

Egger has some North Africa (AK) tank & vehicle mods created at CMODS.
Some examples:
http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1791
http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1650
http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1785&

Edited by Blazing 88's

If the interest is too dismal, I will ditch the mini mod idea. Or just keep it on my own hard drive and enjoy an occasional battle.

I opened the editor and took a few CMFI QB's and changed them to a North Africa feel and saved under a new name.

Use lots of sand and some rocky terrain, delete the trees, etc.

Produces not a Tunisia 1943 look (sorry Repsol!) but something you'd see down by "the Wire" on the Egypt-Libya border.

But it could also maybe make for a decent El Alamein late 1942? 

If the interest is too dismal, I will ditch the mini mod idea. Or just keep it on my own hard drive and enjoy an occasional battle.

I opened the editor and took a few CMFI QB's and changed them to a North Africa feel and saved under a new name.

Use lots of sand and some rocky terrain, delete the trees, etc.

Produces not a Tunisia 1943 look (sorry Repsol!) but something you'd see down by "the Wire" on the Egypt-Libya border.

But it could also maybe make for a decent El Alamein late 1942? 

Forum interest is hard to gauge;.  it waxes with grand promises and wanes with long deliveries.  Good scenarios take a lot of time to develop.  If you do it, post it.  People will play it and enjoy doing so.  Good luck.

No worries, Kohlenklau B)

I will do what i can with the current stuff to try and get something of an africa feel to it...

I think it has turned out quite nice...No pictures yet though.

Phil,

Now if you really want to do this up right, you will pull together some jeeps with 50 cal on them, and a bunch of M7 (Priest) Howitzer motor carriages with German crosses painted on their sides, along with US halftracks painted desert yellow.  Call it the Rat Patrol Mod and let them have at it on a map covered with sand dunes.

Remember to name the German commander Dietrich... :lol:

Phil,

Now if you really want to do this up right, you will pull together some jeeps with 50 cal on them, and a bunch of M7 (Priest) Howitzer motor carriages with German crosses painted on their sides, along with US halftracks painted desert yellow.  Call it the Rat Patrol Mod and let them have at it on a map covered with sand dunes.

Remember to name the German commander Dietrich... :lol:

Ah yes, the German commander Hans Dietrich OR as most women know him Victor Newman...  Who's real name is Hans Gudegast or Eric Braeden.  Rat Patrol had him listed as Hans Gudegast.

:ph34r:

Edited by Blazing 88's

Forum interest is hard to gauge;.  it waxes with grand promises and wanes with long deliveries.  Good scenarios take a lot of time to develop.  If you do it, post it.  People will play it and enjoy doing so.  Good luck.

I try to ask for help in a clear manner and the gauge of interest is who PM's with an offer to assist. Usual zero response. Not discounting Repsol and Mr Claw and Grunt.

CMRT Winter Mod was pulled off because I had a heart attack and a month on my rear plus BarbaricCo and kevinkin. I do enjoy the teamwork and creative energy.

Fact of life: Most nobody comes a running to help with slicing mozzarella, chopping veggies, making dough and burning your forearms on the oven door but most everybody loves that hot fresh pizza! Right? :D.....now I'm hungry....