Qb point differentials looked at?

I noticed the showcase AAR is a probe. Most of my.pbem opponents and I use probes so we get a realistic attack defense but the attacker isnt so point heavy its foregone.

I know others who do this as well and yes I know its possible to win against attacks and assaults but its extremely hard and the point differential becomes very noticeable above probe.  I know part of the formula is attack and then assault objectives are deeper supposedly making these assaults tougher but it doesnt really make a difference in my opinion. Just a further drive for your opponent after you.re utterly crushed.

Now im not advocating radical changes but has this been discussed even or perhaps maybe the idea of an option forcing caps on different buy categories?

For example if you go combined arms you have to have some armor and infantry etc.

Better fortifications would help too. Just ideas.

I belive the entire system of force pick-up (for multuplayer) should be revised. It's not just a matter of assigning the correct value of points for each unit and formation (this comes natural as the game gets patched etc.), what I refer to would be to increase the number of available options when setting up a multiplayer game, especially when it comes down to force selection for both players.

More options mean, for example, letting the game-creating player decide how many points to assign, and maybe, as you suggested, devide the points into specific cathegories (using the same we have now, infantry / armor / support etc.).

Let's hope these improvements will hit toghether with the revised multiplayer this game should receive sooner or later (possibly in CM4x)