Would love to see...

Oakheart

Would love to see a Green Beret formation that has a few special forces advisers for HQ units but the rest of the to&e be militia with a healthy mix of eastern and  western equipment.

I'd also Like to see an Island map which features SOF infilling the island and can start the match anywhere along the coast, they then have a host of objectives to complete in any order.
Such as Destroy AA, Kill vip, Airstrike/cruise missle airstrip, Destroy ammo dump, Ambush enemy motocade, Hostage rescue, Link up with local resistance leaders, etc...
It would be a CMx2 take on an open world game. Some missions may have a time limit to complete or you could miss your window of opportunity.

Just some ideas I wanted to put on paper.

I saw an article a while back that some USMC unit-FACs or Force Recon called in and directed a cruise missile strike. Embedded SF units would be great, but I don;t think the game engine can handle that. Someone could make textures that included a SF adviser, but the individual stats would be a problem.

The game engine is at a limit- I think they would have to do a new one to give us all the features we really want.

I would love to see in game helicopters with men fast roping, but I'll probably be in a retirement home before that takes place and an Asian theater would be awesome, but that's not going to happen either. 

Would love to see a Green Beret formation that has a few special forces advisers for HQ units but the rest of the to&e be militia with a healthy mix of eastern and  western equipment.

I'd also Like to see an Island map which features SOF infilling the island and can start the match anywhere along the coast, they then have a host of objectives to complete in any order.
Such as Destroy AA, Kill vip, Airstrike/cruise missle airstrip, Destroy ammo dump, Ambush enemy motocade, Hostage rescue, Link up with local resistance leaders, etc...
It would be a CMx2 take on an open world game. Some missions may have a time limit to complete or you could miss your window of opportunity.

Just some ideas I wanted to put on paper.

I think all of that is possible to some extent. The editor can create some very interesting formations if you take the time. You can even mix and match blue/red forces.  The primary issue I feel with doing SOF force missions is the tactical AI doesn't really work that well with it. I have some ideas on paper for a Russian Spetznatz campaign.  Making it work in a scenario while still letting the player have control over the details is tricky  they are small unit actions so flexibility is limited    

There is at least one mission created recently for CMSF that was a hostage rescue mission and very well done.  I have tinkered with a Black Hawk Down scenario, but the main issue I ran into was having variable crash locations for the Black Hawks. I wanted some replay capability and really wanted that option. As it is I probably wouldn't try it until CMSFx2 if BF actually does redo that family. 

Another feature I'd like to see would be an auto disembark of infantry if their apc finds a contact during a hunt command, obviously this could be toggleable...if thats even a word.

that one gets tricky as "contact" could be anything and you'd have all your guys dismounting because of a lone soldier being spotted across the map. 

Can you do it now?  If you give your APC a hunt command and the infantry inside a hunt command to a location close by the end point: then when the APC sees something and stops the troops will jump out and start hunting and stop when they spot the threat too.

PS I have not tried it but it feels like it should work.

Can you do it now?  If you give your APC a hunt command and the infantry inside a hunt command to a location close by the end point: then when the APC sees something and stops the troops will jump out and start hunting and stop when they spot the threat too.

Yes this works.  My SOP is to give troops in or on a vehicle (when I think the vehicle may draw fire or become immobilized due ground conditions) a movement command so if the vehicle stops before the destination they get off.  My dilemma is usually if I should give the troops a Hunt or Quick command.  On Hunt the troops will stop movement near the vehicle.  On Quick they will run away from the vehicle until the turn ends and I can intervene.  Both have advantages and disadvantages depending on the situation.  Slow could be another option I guess........... might have to try that.        

that one gets tricky as "contact" could be anything and you'd have all your guys dismounting because of a lone soldier being spotted across the map. 

What if the APC takes fire or sees something that can kill it at the contacts effective range? For example, it spots a tank a mile or so off in the distance so it stops and drops the infantry(Because it can be harmed by the tank at that range), but if it spots enemy infantry at that range it wont care(Unless its in effective at rocket range..) Once again you could toggle this in the combat or action menu.

Thats a smart work around, but what about cases where there are longer engagement rangers and you can't micky mouse the waypoints? In urban centers thats fine but in maps like the valley of death scenario in Black Sea.

What if the APC takes fire or sees something that can kill it at the contacts effective range? For example, it spots a tank a mile or so off in the distance so it stops and drops the infantry(Because it can be harmed by the tank at that range), but if it spots enemy infantry at that range it wont care(Unless its in effective at rocket range..) Once again you could toggle this in the combat or action menu.

Thats a smart work around, but what about cases where there are longer engagement rangers and you can't micky mouse the waypoints? In urban centers thats fine but in maps like the valley of death scenario in Black Sea I'd say its necessary because you need to hunt and fast move several times in a turn. Armor warfare in BS is fast and brutal so I think this could really help, and if you're still not convenced  it'll atleast cut down on micro management.

Edited by Oakheart
Grammar

Ok, I have another feature I'd like to see\have.

Some way to reserve troops in quick battles, and/or call them out during the game. I'd prefer to be able to call them as needed rather then both players getting them in set time intervals.

My idea is, while in the force selection screen you can right click whatever unit,platoon,company....wtf ever and place it in a reserve slot. You could have a set number of reserve slots so you could call in your reserves via hotkeys, ala shift+alt1,2,3,4,5 etc....
Or you could call them from reserve via the action menu which you could mouse over your reserve numbers and a hotbar will come up showing what you brought in that slot.
Another idea would be while in the force selection screen and you place units in reserve you could name the reserve group, so instead of 1,2,3,4, etc... you could say
Inf co w/t tnk. Whatever you want to name it.

I suggest this idea for several reasons, the simplest being to keep things manageable when staring initial deployment. Deploy a whole battalion is daunting and makes me avoid the larger battles. The most obvious reason would be to help cut down on deployment shelling and the best reason would be to give players another level of operational freedom.

Sorry for my crap engrish, bare with me as I'm on my phone.

I'd like to see new nations: Poles, Brits, Germans, French and Belarusians on the other side. Also I'd like to see reworked the campaign aspects of the game. So far the campaigns are just a collections of few skirmishes. I would be great if players could decide, which units should be deployed to the particular battle and which should rest and refit. It would increase the replayability greatly.

Edited by Ivanov

I'd be excited to see NATO forces.  The RU end of things is pretty well realized and any country that might show up and help Russia is just going to look a lot like the lower capability Russian forces anyway.  But the Polish especially offer a lot of hardware I've never seen in a realistic game, and the prospect of both France and Germany and their new hardware (although likely represented at an optimistic levels of readiness) are exciting.  Also makes for more diverse high capability options (as right now it's either straight up blue on blue, or the still "eh" of M1s on T-90AMs).

Even the Baltic States would be interesting. The Estonians have recently recived first CV-90's from Norway and the Lithuanians are going to acquire Boxers and PzH 2000's from Germany. Both nations use Javelin ATGM while the Latvans use Spike ATGM. All of those would look great in the game.