In which BRZ's can I find the latest German Vehicle graphic files?

Sequoia

Hi all. I'm looking to make SS and WL "license plates" for all appropriate German vehicles.  I plan on modifying the stock graphics. I want to be sure I'm using the most recent files. I think I found the base game files in normandy v100b.brz . Am I right those are the most recent? I haven't found the muddy files yet. Can someone point me to the right brz please?

I want to do all vehicles needed up through the vehicle pack.

Thanks.

For serious modding purposes I have ALL BRZ files from base game up to vehicle pack and latest V3.11 patch unpacked on my hard drive. After unpacking, folder names then get renamed from "exploded" to appropiate BRZ file name. I highly recommend to do the same and then work from there looking for needed files, by file name search. All BRZ files unpacked take roughly 10 GB of hard drive space.

Taking the opelblitz bmp as example, you´ll find it only one time in mentioned normandy v100b.brz, but it received a normal map update with the Normandy V200 update.

In case of the kubel you´ll find BMP´s in both the same mentioned BRZ.

I have no overview of which other german vehicles might have the licence plate. I think the protze which was introduced with normandy V210 market garden has none. The SdKfz251 (and variations) BMP files are scattered amongst various BRZ files, since this vehicle received a number of updates over time. Same for any other SdKfz vehicle type.

All [muddy] tagged vehicles are to be found in Normandy V210, Normandy V210 Market Garden and Normandy V310 Vehicle Pack.

You can always work from normandy v100b.brz, but to go safe for working on the most recent update and new variants introduced later, there´s no choice but unpacking all BRZ files and dig through them, unless somebody made a complete list and is willing to share.

unless somebody made a complete list and is willing to share.

Yes, that is what I was fishing for, but your reply is very helpful. I now know where the "muddy" files are, so thank you. I have made a list of all the German vehicles with "license plates" so I think I am ready to proceed.

Good luck with fishing! :) Think only BFC maintains any such lists, the more if it´s a complete one, also considering changes and additions. There´s not much textures with the [muddy] tag yet and only a handful of vehicles use these for the chassis IIRC. It´s just a start I think and available normal maps do just support the basic geometry, although from some own experiments I figured if normal maps are adapted to some the mud and dirt layers on the basic texture, their effects can be enhanced noticably. Unfortunately making good normal maps is bits of a black art and time consuming.

Have fun modding :)