Manual corrections

Here are some other thoughts.

On page 113

The spelling of the different geschuetz shown should be Geschütz.

Also the whole name of for example the 75mm leichtes Infanteriegeschuetz 18 should be 7,5cm Leichtes Infanterie-Geschütz 18 in correct Geman. schweres Infanterie-Geschütz 33 instead of schweres Infanterie Geschuetz 33 etc.

I thought maybe the missing German ü was intentional for easier understanding of the English speaking players but then again I noticed that for example the Sturmgeschütz on page 87 had a correct spelling.

Also on page 113 I would like to see the same sentence structure on all the guns. On the 75mm guns the whole name is written in the text and the short form is in bracket but on the 150mm the whole name is in brackets but the short form is in written in the text. It would be nice to include RoF and maximum range for the 75mm leIG 37 and maximum range for the sIG 33.

Thanks for the reply CM-Kane. Maybe your right with using no -, but I´ve seen both forms even in German documents. But the spelling geschuetz in the manual is wrong either way :).

Then in your view the manual is wrong with schweres Infanterie Geschuetz 33 and not Infanteriegeschuetz?

Spelling corrections made!

Just trying to help :)

Hi Big Boss,

you are right, it should be Geschütz with Ü.

The same with Infanteriegeschütz, but I don't know for sure, because you said you saw documents with the - between Infanterie and Geschütz...

I will do "research". ;)

Spelling and military nomenclature can be a real headache so it’s probably hard to make a definitive answer and I definitively not trying to be a besserwisser;).

I have only seen the spelling with a between the words in post war literature like

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/Infanteriegeschutze.htm

But even here they sometimes use the combined word without -.

In wartime German Kriegsstärkenachweisung (KStN) they seems to use the form with punctuations to separate the word. For example; Inf.Geschütz and  I.G.. But even here there are discrepancies as they sometimes use the whole word schweres Infanteriegeschütz

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/kstn/kstn1761nov41.htm

Maybe ist best to focus on more "important" matters:)

Edited by Big Boss

Pardon my ignorance, as I only have Black Sea, in which there is an extensive 'Formation Encyclopedia' section. I don't see the equivalent in this CM: FB manual?

Am I blind? Or is this yet to come/be added?

That section appears in the Black Sea manual but not in any of the WW2 game manuals, presumably because WW2 formation logic is generally more straightforward than the variations-on-variations seen in the modern game.

That section appears in the Black Sea manual but not in any of the WW2 game manuals, presumably because WW2 formation logic is generally more straightforward than the variations-on-variations seen in the modern game.

Besides, there are literally tons of source material on WW II formations readily available to an interested reader, but very little on modern formations and almost none that is really up to date. It exists, but unless you work at the Pentagon or its foreign equivalent, you might have to search a long time to find it.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...