Good news for Italy lovers!

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/121562-2015-christmas-bones/

6. The next Fortress Italy module is in the early stages of development, at this point primarily artwork by our 3D artist Cassio.

• This new module will push the timeline for the Italian front all the way from June 1944 to the end of the war in May 1945.
  • The main operations covered will be the race north following the capture of Rome, the fighting on the Gothic Line, and the Po Valley offensives in 1945.
  • The following services will be added: British Indian Army, South Africa, French Expeditionary Corps (including Moroccan Goumiers), and Waffen-SS. Of course, existing services will be filled out with all of the new formations that have been created for other Combat Mission titles since the last Fortress Italy module released: Gebirgsjäger units, Luftwaffe Field Divisions, flamethrower units, etc. All currently existing formations will be updated to 1945 TO&E. Also: US Mountain units. :)
  • 3D work has already been done on the following equipment for the module: Sherman III Kangaroo, Churchill NA75, Sherman IC Firefly Hybrid, StuG IV, M1917 Enfield rifle, M1935 and M1982 French pistols, FN/29 French LMG, Gewehr 33/40(t) rifle, T32 37mm AT gun, and the GebG 36 75mm mountain gun. These are just the start of the work on new equipment.
  • The module will also incorporate all of the work done on the Combat Mission engine to date since since Gustav Line launched... that's a LOT of stuff to add to Italy. Off the top of my head, that includes features, units, and equipment from: Engine v3.0, Red Thunder, CMBN Vehicle Pack, CMBN Market Garden, and Final Blitzkrieg.

Fun PRE-ALPHA image of a new soldier for the Fortress Italy module:

LDtINoD.jpg

Looking forward to see all the new features coming into Italy and use Indian, South african and Free french units and finally see the end of the war in italy! whohooo!

CMFI has always been the WWII 'sleeper' in my books.

Plenty of interesting forces... open terrain.... and it is all about to get much bigger and better with the next Fortress Italy module. ?

If you have not given it a spin ... you should... Combat Mission: Fortress Italy DEMO
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2143&Itemid=318

Our current plan for filling out Fortress Italy is the following. NOTE THAT THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Nothing here is laid in stone yet.

• Gothic Line Module (that won't be the actual name for it) that pushes the timeline to the end of the war. Details on it are already present in the first post. Basically this module pushes the timeline to the end, and rounds out missing Commonwealth and German forces.
  • An Italian Forces Pack that adds a ton of Post-Armistice Italian forces to the Allies and Axis sides. Italian partisans, captured Italian equipment in use by Germans, actual Italian military forces operating under Allied and Axis sides, the works. This would be a pretty big Pack that will completely revolve around the Italians. I'm personally super excited for this pack, it will be a lot of fun to make and play.
  • An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point.

Hey, more bones!

I'm impressed! Personally, I can't wait!

What are your thoughts on the CMFI roadmap?

I'm impressed! Personally, I can't wait!

What are your thoughts on the CMFI roadmap?

Well I hope they go back and add a few more Scenarios with Combined Italian and German forces you usually get a lot of variety in those battles. I also find it weird there are no Italians fighting in Gustav line as I read there were some Italians mixed in with germans fighting till the end of the war, and werent there like Italian SS? I could be wrong though i actually wasnt interested in fighting in Italy till I got this game =D

Yes, this is going to be nice. I've enjoyed CMFI far more than I thought I would. It's got such a great combination of flavor, units, and terrain. More and better is always good. ;)

and personally I think it makes the best city maps.  The independent buildings are perfect for dense urban conditions. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

It's certainly the best looking theatre, even in the game.

I agree. Play FI far too seldom but when I do I'm always struck with a "I really like the look of it"-feeling. I think Aris made some of his finest mods for FI/GL. I just wish he had come around the rest of the Italian vehicles as well. Maybe someone else can pick up where he left? Some buildning mods would also be nice. The next module for FI is what I'm looking forward to the most now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It would be nice to receive news about the development of this module. It's almost been two years since this was announced. I would like to see Battlefront occasionally post a blog about the development of future titles instead of having fans wait in the dark. I know Paradox Interactive will occasionally post a developer diary to bring their fans up to date on new changes they are implementing in their games.  

23 minutes ago, sovietpolarbear said:

It would be nice to receive news about the development of this module. It's almost been two years since this was announced. I would like to see Battlefront occasionally post a blog about the development of future titles instead of having fans wait in the dark. I know Paradox Interactive will occasionally post a developer diary to bring their fans up to date on new changes they are implementing in their games.  

Well okay.  When you put it that way fine!   Presto changeo alamkazz  Poof!

• 1 month later...