Is FB more optimized than the others?

Same here. Many units and no lag I can see. 

Which title are you playing? CM:Afghanistan is pretty ancient and CMSF development ended years ago. You'll be pleased to hear CMFB is as smooth as silk. As smooth as CMBS.

BN, RT, and BS all the same, input lag is severe(not only me but many of my friends) with or without that  High Priority Process

Me personally has a considerable decent computer:

CPU: I7 4770

Graphic Card: GTX670

RAM: 16GB 1333

the game runs fluently with over 30 FPS and I still get a major input lag(longest time it took me 2 mins to input one command) and this is being around ever since I was using i5 with a gtx670 and a 8 gb ram and further to the configuration that I don't even remember.:(

Hi,

You could try adjusting the 3D Model Quality, this can be done in-game by 'Alt-[' and  'Alt-]'. This setting changes the radius where high quality stuff (various grasses, distant tree's etc.) is rendered in. I find that each map has his own 'sweet-spot' depending on the map and number of units. 

Agreed with all the above: your machine should be smooth. FWIW, when my i7-4770k used a GTX670, the play was smooth with no lag. It's not raw hardware. It's not the game. The two suggestions posted (tell us how you play the game and start a helpdesk ticket) should help get this sorted.

(Since it's not hardware or game related, that leaves drivers, other programs conflicting with it (whether using ram or cpu cycles or whatnot), or network lag, or some other factor.)

Ken

It is game related, i and many other suffer from bad framerates although we have a power pc !

1) For some reason that just doesn't sound correct to me? If it were just a matter of the game engine being "poorly optimized," wouldn't it be "poorly optimized" for everyone?

2) The OP said "the game runs fluently with over 30 FPS and I still get a major input lag."

So you and the OP are talking about different issues, apparently. I haven't heard many people complain about framerates in general, so it's probably something with your system. :)

People insist on trying to break the game. If your framerate is low the answer is to not max out all your graphics card settings in an effort to bring it to a complete halt. Low framerate? Go into the Options menu and select low tree detail, which does little more than stop the trees from blowing in the wind. Voilà, your framerate's consistently higher. Go into your graphics card option and back off on anti-aliasing a couple notches. Also, which title are you talking about? Closely bocaged CMBN maps take a bite out of processing, an issue that CMFI, CMFB. CMBS and CMRT don't have.

Edited by MikeyD

The problem on my rig seems to center on unit graphics. I can sit the camera in the middle of the map and rotate it, whenever the view passes over a section where units are positioned, it slows down. The more units, the more it slows down. Trees and other complex terrain don't seem to have as much effect, just units, which cause a big hit. I have noticed that turning shaders off seems to help, but units, and especially vehicles, still do the most damage. BTW, these are just stock graphics, no mods.

Michael

The problem on my rig seems to center on unit graphics. I can sit the camera in the middle of the map and rotate it, whenever the view passes over a section where units are positioned, it slows down. The more units, the more it slows down. Trees and other complex terrain don't seem to have as much effect, just units, which cause a big hit. I have noticed that turning shaders off seems to help, but units, and especially vehicles, still do the most damage. BTW, these are just stock graphics, no mods.

Michael

i have the same experience. i do not understand why people deny that cm is a bad game when it comes to FPS

wether is it possible or not to make it better on this engine, is not important. product is product

my cpu is i5 4690k @ 3.9ghz

recommended spec is something like 2010 mid range cpu or lower..

i think that someone with latest i7 oced to nearly 5ghz could get Almost decent fps tho

Edited by speed

Speed has been banned as a sockpuppet of a previous member.

whata glorious labeling. i didnt know i had a talking sock

you will never ban me , because god is on my side from the moment i destroyed sublime's forces in 7 minutes.

also, game is utterly unoptmized, or call it how you like, but the bottom line is : i7 5.0ghz and gtx 980ti would struggle to keep 30 fps in larger battles

whata glorious labeling. i didnt know i had a talking sock

sockpuppet = someone too cowardly to admit who he is and instead pretends to be someone else in order to push an agenda (usually the same one he was banned for to start with).  I think that fairly accurately describes your previous account.  This account, however, you've at least been brave enough to admit who you are.  Of course the end result is you're banned.

you will never ban me , because god is on my side from the moment i destroyed sublime's forces in 7 minutes.

Like anybody cares.  As we say in English, "get over yourself".  You're an annoying person without anything useful to contribute to this Forum, and I suspect anywhere else until you grow up.

also, game is utterly unoptmized, or call it how you like, but the bottom line is : i7 5.0ghz and gtx 980ti would struggle to keep 30 fps in larger battles

A person who struggles with basic civility should be more concerned about "optimizing" his personality than a computer game.

Steve

Edited by Battlefront.com

The problem with comparing CMx2's performance with any of the huge games out there is each one of those, each one, spent more on programming than Battlefront has earned in it's 18 years of existence for all the games we have made.  Does anybody seriously think that one guy can do what teams of programmers can do?  While we also wish that one programmer could do what a few dozen programmers can do, that's simply not practical.  The fact that you guys even feel that CMx2 can be compared against a $50,000,000 game's graphics quality and playability says something about CMx2's quality.

Back to the OP's problem...

While graphics performance is going to be uneven across the thousands of different hardware/software combos out there in the world, mouse behavior should not be the problem it is for Nercon.  Therefore, something should be possible to get him where he should be.  Beats me what it is so I'm hoping someone here can lend a hand.

Steve

As my topic, I'm wondering if there's any optimization done on the new Combat Mission. The mouse and control lag is really painful when there's more than a company on the map.

Related to mouse lag in my experience, not related to the game. I went back to a wired mouse and keyboard. I was getting lag with my wireless set up. Control is back to normal now. And maybe the OP is not wireless so sorry if irrelevant.

Related to mouse lag in my experience, not related to the game. I went back to a wired mouse and keyboard. I was getting lag with my wireless set up. Control is back to normal now. And maybe the OP is not wireless so sorry if irrelevant.

for what it's worth, I did the same thing and have had no mouse problems since.