2015 Christmas Bones

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To ignore users:

• click on your profile name on the top right (scroll all the way up)
  • click 'Ignored Users'
  • type in the name of the user (it has auto-complete)
  • you can choose to ignore posts, messages and signature separately
  • enjoy Christmas :)

Edited by poesel

So i have a question to BFC.

Why did you not update the unit pictures in the UI with some that fit the Bulge ?

I kills my immersion instantly.

I hope you agree the UI looks pretty dull, did you update it for the final release ?

@ sburke

Yes, thats the place for such things, not this thread its about discussing the game !

Its like discussing Donald Trump here or Fallout 4, its just Off-Topic.

Edited by Wiggum15

@Odball15: You´re aware that the UI and unit pictures need to fit for more than just the Bulge and winter settings? Admittedly the UI is mainly of the functional type and less to create (additional) immersion, but how important is that for a majority of users? I surely have my own views on what makes an immersive UI and to each other individual user it´s equally a matter of taste. By ways of modding you can personalize the UI and many other parts of the game to your individual likings, which is one of the many strengths of the game series. Did you read the 1st posting of this thread in entirety?

"8. Work on Upgrade 4.0 is going to start early next year. I can't get into specifics yet because the feature list is still in flux, but the planned areas of emphasis are going to be user interface upgrades, graphics/effects upgrades, and campaign/mission structure upgrades. However, like other Upgrades almost all aspects of the game will get some facelifts."

You say you like the game, but not enough to give further general support in order to make V4 and beyond happen?

I´d be interested to know what you actually "like" in the CMX2 game series. There must be a certain motivation to keep on posting here what you dislike, as otherwise you´d go elsewhere and make your criticism heard by someone who makes you the perfect wargame! If you know someone better than BFC, then I´d be interested to know.

Thank you for a great 2015! The new content for 2016 sounds great!

WRT CMFI: will the Italian Social Republic, Italian Co-Belligerents and Partisans be modeled? The Partisan uprising in 1944-45 was pretty significant, with 100-200k partisans active. That's a larger manpower contribution in theatre than the Waffen SS!

I´d be interested to know what you actually "like" in the CMX2 game series. There must be a certain motivation to keep on posting here what you dislike, as otherwise you´d go elsewhere and make your criticism heard by someone who makes you the perfect wargame! 

Sigh, I don't know what motivates some people. As far as I can tell he seems to enjoy just causing a stir. If we all ignored him then he could rant and rave and make unfounded statements all day long and he would get no reaction. Surely that would encourage him to leave.

They need to fit what exactly ?

They are streight out from the Normandy game, sorry thats lazy.

Dude, they are not straight out of Normandy. The game covers more than just December 1944, so you have to expect the unit portraits to be shown with a green background.

Sigh, I don't know what motivates some people. As far as I can tell he seems to enjoy just causing a stir. If we all ignored him then he could rant and rave and make unfounded statements all day long and he would get no reaction. Surely that would encourage him to leave.

you'd think, but apparently not playing the game isn't enough to keep him off the forum for the game.  That in itself is rather odd.

There are a few things... O come on ... you can do better...  dont you think thats lazy and disrespectful towards us forum members?

Not as long as you can read my posts for free, wait until i start charging 55$ for it, the quality will go through the roof.

Dude, they are not straight out of Normandy. The game covers more than just December 1944, so you have to expect the unit portraits to be shown with a green background.

And you know for sure they are not just taken from Normandy...WHY exactly ?

And they could not design 2 diffrend sets of portraits ? Would that be too much work or distract them from something else ?

They need to fit what exactly ?

They are streight out from the Normandy game, sorry thats lazy.

And no, BFC is not the "best wargame company",,,why should they be...whats with that constanc praising towards BFC ?

CMFB is not all about combat in winter conditions, not even during the Bulge time frame. I´d like to see somewhat different UI artworx and unit pictures for autumn (or no snow winter) battles as well. So there would be a need of more than 1 layout to give immersion to a particular battlefield and its environmental conditions. I´m glad that BFC added various tags for different areas of the western front, when it comes to buildings and such, which I figure to be way more important to get immersed into a particular battle environment.

Who said BFC is the best wargaming company? I related to the type of wargame as is CMX2 and is likely to develop to in the future. I tried PC Ostfront, GT APOS and ARMA, which are all good games in their own niche, but they do not really compare to CMX2. None of these game companies try to compete with BFC and vice versa.

Edit: I rate this from the CMFB game manual higher than any UI overhaul, but that´s my personal preference.

page 125

Stock Mod Tags 
Note: Ardennes region art is used by default for environmental art, if no mod tags are selected. 
[germany] - German environmental art.  
[france] - French environmental art. 
[holland] - Holland and northern Belgium environmental art. 
[autumn] - Autumn environmental art. 
[winter] - Winter environmental art. 
[snow] - Snow unit and environmental art. 
[cold] - Cold environmental art. 
[muddy] - Muddy unit and environmental art. 
[whitewash] - Adds whitewash camo to vehicles. Whitewash tagged art is used automatically by 
the game when the date is January or later, and there is Light Snow or heavier on the ground. 
[whitewash snow] - Combination of Whitewash and Snow mod tags. 

Mod  tags  are  used  by  scenario  designers  to  force  selection  of  textures  tagged  with  the 
appropriate label. For example, a scenario that has the "[whitewash]" mod tag will always 
attempt to use any textures with a file name containing "[whitewash]" (without the quotes) 
when the scenario is loaded. Mod tags are also used automatically by the game when certain 
conditions are met; for example, if the Region of a scenario is set to Germany, the game will 
automatically load textures with the "[germany]" mod tag in the file name. 

Edited by RockinHarry