silent one

windows 10 BN and BS not running

Ive installed BS patched to 1.3 and BN when I click  either exe's nothing happens at all.  Ive tried running as administrator. nothing. Ive tried in windows 7 comparability mode. Nothing.  Both games worked great on my old win7 rig. now both stone dead :( any ideas. 

Yes I did search the forums but found nothing similar. Hope someone can help.

Do you have Steam installed? It sounds crazy, but try adding CM as a non-steam game and launch from there. It worked for me when I had that problem on my new Win10 PC. I eventually narrowed down the launch issue to software called "Sonic Suite 2", that came with my Skylake motherboard. If Sonic Suite 2 was running (in the system tray), Combat Mission games refused to launch, unless I used the Steam launcher (no clue why that makes a difference).

Anyone with a newer motherboard that has a realtek audio chipset will likely have the same software, probably rebranded with a different name. Close it and try again.

WOW . Good spotting. I have Asus Hero mobo with that software. That fixed it. I would never have thought of doing that.

Many thanks. Ive advised the tech team. this could become quite common as we move to win 10 and newer motherboards. 

I used to play CM through Steam - it does a very nice job capturing screenshots and storing/sharing them - but after some NVIDIA driver update I started to get some very bad mouse lag - clicks not registering in a timely fashion, jerky camera response when panning, rotating, etc.

How is it working for you guys?