silent one

new windows 10 rig. game wont start

Ive installed BS and BN when I click the exe's nothing happens at all.  Ive tried running as administrator. nothing. Ive tried in windows 7 comparability mode. Nothing.  Both games worked great on my old win7 rig. now both stone dead :( any ideas. 

Yes I did search the forums but found nothing similar. Hope someone can help.

Ive installed BS and BN when I click the exe's nothing happens at all.  Ive tried running as administrator. nothing. Ive tried in windows 7 comparability mode. Nothing.  Both games worked great on my old win7 rig. now both stone dead :( any ideas. 

Yes I did search the forums but found nothing similar. Hope someone can help.

I have this same problem.

I have this same problem.

I answered this for Silent One in his thread for Normandy.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/121542-windows-10-bn-and-bs-not-running/?do=findComment&comment=1646624

Realtek control software + Battlefront.com game = No launch. Close the audio software and try again. Adding the Combat Mission game to a launcher like Steam will also get around the problem.

no idea. You could look in your delete programmes list. Anyway no idea if that prog is problem. Try turning everything unessential off in programme manager . Somethings in conflict , Try reducing the variables. I found if I turned off sonic suite 2 I had no issues and didn't need to use steam.

Also is this  a new computer or have you upgraded?  

New computer. I posted a ticket. Apparently I need to reset my license. But I can't even get that done because literally nothing will run. I think my anti virus might have something to do with it but I can't shut down Norton completely

I just got new rig same problem. Everything else runs except Black Sea. Same symptoms. Turned off Norton and killed Realtec in task manager, but still nothing-just a black screen when I start Black Sea. I patched to latest version.

System specs:

MSI Z170A SLI Plus motherboard

Win 10 Pro

I suspect of you uninstall and reinstall and DO NOT APPLY updates the game will run. I did just that. I suspect something in one of the updates isn't working with some new Win10 systems.

Got this fixed and now running ver 1.03. Did a complete uninstall. Norton is ok with installation of the base game. One I verified that works, I disabled Norton, then applied patches and Black Sea now functions.

19 hours ago, db_zero said:

I just got new rig same problem. Everything else runs except Black Sea. Same symptoms. Turned off Norton and killed Realtec in task manager, but still nothing-just a black screen when I start Black Sea. I patched to latest version.

System specs:

MSI Z170A SLI Plus motherboard

Win 10 Pro

If you have an MSI computer like me, you might have the Nahimic sound control program that does not like the CM-games EXE and kills them at launch. If you do PM me and I'll give you the solution and post it here later. Do not have the info at the moment. Until then, removing Nahimic from auto launch or exit it should be enough.