New Gameplay features ?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do trolls appear in the TO&E? Is there a special arrival date, and is the appearance purely random or dependent on other factors such as type of bridge and chain of command? More importantly can troll AT hits penetrate a Jagdtiger?

Look for the Brandenburgers of Panzer Brigade 150 and Einheit Stielau.  Initial assembly 14-Dec, available 16-Dec, only effective through 21-Dec-44.  Initially disruptive but providing no real impact nor tangible effects.

Yeah, it has no MP but it does simulate many aspects of WW2 warfare far better then Combat Mission does.

How many owners of CM play Mp ? Maybe 25% at best ?!

Whats the point, we are talking about Combat Mission here ?!

Please stay on Topic !

you brought it up.  Just another example of how you carry on a discussion here.

Sorry, thats delusional...

Its far from perfect and only the second best 3D wargame currently available and soon only ranked third when that other game gets released !

And no your behavior hasn't changed one bit.  Your opinion about CM, as delusional as it, is has been noted time and again here and you are certainly entitled to it no matter how much you misrepresent everything about CM.

Wiggum this is a fruitless pursuit you're making, and you know it. You stated your opinion (as have countless other times) just leave it at that. It goes from a suggestion to outright trolling.

Sorry but my goal is to push Battlefront to finally move on and make the changes we desperately need since 2007 (CMSF) !

$ 55 for two campaigns and some scenarios? No thanks.

I think there are many here that agree with that.

In the end its just CMBN with snow and CMBN is just CMSF with WW2 weapons.

I hardly can justify to spend another 55$ as long as there is no game-changing new feature that pushes a more realistic gameplay.

Edited by Wiggum15

$ 55 for two campaigns and some scenarios? No thanks.

Battlefront have done a wonderful job managing expectations so there are many that will think is a great deal.

I realize in the CMx1 system they provided too much content per game. But now they have gone overboard the other way.

I think there are many here that agree with that.

In the end its just CMBN with snow and CMBN is just CMSF with WW2 weapons.

I hardly can justify to spend another 55$ as long as there is no game-changing new feature that pushes a more realistic gameplay.

If you can't identify a difference between CMSF and the current game play then you have no grasp whatsoever of what exactly constitutes features.  Hence my previous statement about delusions and mis representing CM.  As to the "many" you keep referring to, would this be the "silent majority" or some other such vague unsubstantiated reference that demagogues use to pretend they actually represent some substantial community?

About the only thing you'll push is Steve's patience.  I am not optimistic you'll be posting all that much longer.

This constant complaint is difficult to understand. The game develops further, each part of which comes out a few new functions. BFC gives such prices as the others on the game.
You can always buy something else, but the truth is so that nothing about such a degree of realism and gameplay is not and will not be soon.

You can always buy something else, but the truth is so that nothing about such a degree of realism and gameplay is not and will not be soon.

We all know by now that this is not true there is another game which is at least as realistic as CM and has superior graphics.

But stop pushing me to talk about that "other" game it will get me banned.

Lets stay on topic !

About the only thing you'll push is Steve's patience.  I am not optimistic you'll be posting all that much longer.

Whoa Whoa, no need for that. Wiggum has not been spamming the rest of forums with his complaints, he's kept it civil and in one thread. he has his own desires and opinions and hes entitled to them. and Wiggum as far as graphics go, Combat mission does the job really well considering the size of Battlefronts team and the super nitch appeal of Combat Mission. could their be a bit more varriety of trees and buildings? yes? would i like their to be a dynamic numbering and camo system for tanks and vehicles? yeah. but with all the vehicles in the current catalog, having 4-5 skins (plus more for white wash variants) for each would be a real drain on time and manpower. so whatever, battlefront is small.

Edited by Cobetco

Having been accused of being abusive, both by someone in a previous post, and by someone else in private. All I say is, you should have seen the way me and the boys dealt with Charles Stuart back in 1649. Now, that was abuse!

Exits stage right ------------------------------------------------------------------------>      Tongue stuck firmly in cheek.

Wiggum if you mean Graviteam Mius Front is not it (do not know when you go out). Maybe graphically it presents the better of CM but after the graphics are not the most important. This game quickly get boredit is not possible play for a few years as CM.

Funny. Why is he entitled to post his negative/deconstructive criticisms? Seriously: why should he be "entitled" to it? This is BFC's forum and he has been very negative. Hey, that's okay... Really. Invite me to your house, and I'll tell you how ugly your wife and child are. I'm "entitled" to share that opinion, right? (See what I did there? That's an "analogy".)

So, whereas "constructive criticism" can be good, a lot of what is posted by 2 or 3 individuals is always negative and always posted in an offensive manner. There is no such "entitlement".

At base, BFC has worked on a new CM product. Wiggum comes on BFC's website and starts denigrating that product before it is even released. Is he "entitled" to this "right"? Umm...nope. Instead, wouldn't it have been helpful if Wiggum had stated what he wants to see in the game? And, how the changes would be back-ported to the other games in the series? And, how much that would cost the customer? And, how much time/effort/manpower BFC should/would expend on the changes he desires? And, how these changes improve gameplay, rather than just become the hell which led to Squad Leader's demise by the 4th module?

Can CM be improved? Of course. Now, are Wiggum/CarlWAW's ideas improvements? Umm....maybe not. Of course, it'd be easier to tell whether or not they're improvements if he(they?) would state what precisely should be added.

Of course, saying anything like what I just did will get me labeled as a "fanboi". Really? Do a search. Before I was invited to be a beta tester, I was on the CMSF forum showcasing what I thought could be improved, and why. Guess what? That's still happening. Only, it's not here, where you see it. 

So...whereas there is always room for improvement, the messenger certainly taints the message. FWIW.

Funny. Why is he entitled to post his negative/deconstructive criticisms? Seriously: why should he be "entitled" to it? This is BFC's forum and he has been very negative. Hey, that's okay... Really. Invite me to your house, and I'll tell you how ugly your wife and child are. I'm "entitled" to share that opinion, right? (See what I did there? That's an "analogy".)

No its not.

It would be a analogy if i had to pay weekly to stay in your house and you would serve me the same meal 3 times a day for weeks and i start complaining.

Seriously yes this is BFC's forum but they are a company selling a product, i paid then most like over 150$ since 2007 so yes i think i have aright to critic their products.

And what will you "showcasing what you thought could be improved" ?

That a MG burst should be more likely 3 shots instead of 4 ?

Come on we all know the CMx2 engine is on its limits since CMBN, everything beyond is just patchwork.

Edited by Wiggum15

No its not.

It would be a analogy if i had to pay weekly to stay in your house and you would serve me the same meal 3 times a day for weeks and i start complaining.

But you don't have to pay- and you don't have to stay. In fact you haven't paid anything yet as the product is not out and you are already complaining.  So Ken's analogy is more accurate than yours.  Not that it surprises me at all.   (I do not like green eggs and ham)

You are welcome to leave anytime you like.  really anytime.  Like now even.

You're not 'pushing' anybody, you're just annoying everybody. You're a crackpot. Why not visit the Toyota website and tell them why you're not going to buy their 2016 Camry.

Noooo! Visit Bugatti and tell them that You don't want to spend another million on that new Veyron. It simply has too small luggage space . :D

@Wiggum15 it’s absolutely legitimate for customer to request new features, to compare small team game graphic with EA, or to say to the developers why they will not buy their new game, but I think BF already pretty well explained their reasoning and roadmap. In short - long new feature list can be the most deadliest trap for developers.

While we are on cars, maybe better to compare it with Alfa Romeo.  

As Alfa, our little CM has it’s quirks, but that’s maybe just one more reason to love it. :rolleyes:

Edited by BarbaricCo