When?!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(ignoring Schwimmy questions for now simply because ;))

mmm im tjust wondering witch one go out firs , demo or real product  :D ? because some times im noticet game first than demo. 

Demo before release in this case, for sure.

Will the demo contain scenarios not in the full release? IIRC the RT one did.

They will be from the release, but most likely with some tweaks to them so they aren't 100% the same.

Steve

To get this thread back on track, the demo shouldn't take too long to finalize.  1-2 weeks.  Both scenarios will be snowy, unlike the way it is here in northern New England.

Steve

Is this the first time the demo is out before the game? I bought CMSF, CMBN, and CMFI after they had already been out awhile and the demo for CMRT and CMBS came out a month or so after the game released 

4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

And of course everybody remembers a quantity of Panzers were made to be submersible in anticipation of Operation Sealion. They were eventually used in crossing the Bug River at the outset of Barbarossa.

Michael

This. PzIII's, I think. Pretty successful, as I recall. (Going from memory. Not too many detailed references to their use; you'd think there would be for something as unique as that. First wartime underwater crossing, and in big numbers. An entire battalion?)

Kind of a scary thought having to cross the entire English channel in a rinky dink submersible PzIII and probably completely blind at that. Or was the idea to ferry them across for some distance first before depth charging them down to the sea floor?

4 hours ago, Rokko said:

Kind of a scary thought having to cross the entire English channel in a rinky dink submersible PzIII and probably completely blind at that. Or was the idea to ferry them across for some distance first before depth charging them down to the sea floor?

I believe the plan was to barge them across and drop them off in relatively shallow water to crawl the rest of the way ashore. ISTR that their schnorkel (actually a flexible tube with a float on top, I think) would only allow immersions to about three meters.

Michael

The Germans developed a version of the PzII, Schwimmpanzer or Schwimmkorper, that used attached pontoons for flotation and this was indeed used on the Eastern Front. 38(t)s  were also used or at least part of development, and I suspect it's logical that the PzIII would have been as well.

iuliluiuliulil.jpg[i

Edited by landser