When?!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to Love Caterina Valente. I used to have one of her albums about the same time this song was recorded, though I never heard this one before and honestly don't think much of it. But when she was in the groove her songs had depth and a certain darkness to them that greatly appealed to me.

Michael

Ahead of the totally unexpected surprise release of Fortress Italy, a few years ago (while I was waiting in vain for Commonwealth, I believe), there was the same mysterious and seemingly unending waiting game that BF seems to play right now.

They wouldn't dare do something like that again, would they? Not coming out with Final Blitzkrieg, but with something like "Kim Jong-Un's Offensive"??

Anyway, if FB eventually arrives, BF has had enough time to include a schwimmwagen or two..

I used to Love Caterina Valente. I used to have one of her albums about the same time this song was recorded, though I never heard this one before and honestly don't think much of it. But when she was in the groove her songs had depth and a certain darkness to them that greatly appealed to me.

Michael

One has to suspect that this was her manager's idea. Not her own. Give me her and Chet Baker doing "I'll Remember April" anyday.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

So, it's Friday now. Do you guys think that the pre-order will be made available today? And what do you expect the pre-order delay to be? I know we've been told that the delay will be much shorter than normal for CMFB, but given the accuracy of the information coming from BFC lately, I take that with not just a grain, but a whole s***load of salt. :-)

Hopefully, there will be no delay at all. Those that still want a physical copy (come on, it's 2016! Yes, I know that for some, the issue is that they don't have a good enough Internet connection to download the whole game) should just have to accept that as it takes some time to produce and ship the physical copies, there will be a delay compared to downloading.

Hopefully, there will be no delay at all. Those that still want a physical copy (come on, it's 2016! Yes, I know that for some, the issue is that they don't have a good enough Internet connection to download the whole game) should just have to accept that as it takes some time to produce and ship the physical copies, there will be a delay compared to downloading.

Given that the delay this time is due to the difficulty of getting the new store up and running, i.e. complications in getting the DL version out to us, I would venture that there has been ample time to make an initial run of the physical copies and package them for shipment. So no big delay once the orders are in.

Michael

Given that the delay this time is due to the difficulty of getting the new store up and running, i.e. complications in getting the DL version out to us, I would venture that there has been ample time to make an initial run of the physical copies and package them for shipment. So no big delay once the orders are in.

Michael

Ok, that sounds very good, if that is so. I thought the pre-order delay was about that they don't want to start producing physical copies until they know how many has actually been ordered.

Edited by JSj

I thought the pre-order delay was about that they don't want to start producing physical copies until they know how many has actually been ordered.

Yeah, I am unsure about that too. I suppose there might be an economy of effort in just running off all the copies at once in one fell swoop. But I wonder what they do if orders keep coming in long after the first print run. Depends on which production model works best for them. I know a lot of books these days are produced as "print on demand" and the savings come from not having to warehouse hundreds or even thousands of copies. Warehousing DVDs should not be as expensive as warehousing hardback books, so the savings might not be as great.

Michael

The pre-order is up!

Soooo, other than a physical copy why not just wait for digital download to be available? Just curious.

You only pre-order if you want a physical copy, you can't pre-order the download only version.

The pre-order is up!

Soooo, other than a physical copy why not just wait for digital download to be available? Just curious.

For some previous CMx2 releases, BFC allowed those who pre-ordered to download it a few days before anyone else.  They haven't done that for every CMx2 release, but it has been done in the past to incentivize pre-orders by people who just can't wait to get their hands on the game.

.....damn so now when is it actually released

Yes, after such a very long delay, a lot of us are certainly wondering about that. Hopefully, there will be a pre-order announcement soon, with more information about the actual release.

just tried to put my pre-order in, and when I click on check out to pay for it ..I get a white page with a big red X and windows 10 tells me there is a problem with security or something. It has a option to click on to continue on but says not recommended, when I click on the continue button windows refuses ....now what do I do?

Hi Dennis,

We did have a certificate problem yesterday through this morning.  I've verified that it's cleared up, but there might be some lag.  Give it a little while and then try again or try using a different browser.

If you used this browser yesterday and tried the store the bad info might have been cached.  I had to beat my copy of Firefox upside it's virtual head in order to get it to stop giving me the message.  Turns out I had to change my system clock to synch with an Internet clock before it started to work correctly.

Steve

Yes, after such a very long delay, a lot of us are certainly wondering about that. Hopefully, there will be a pre-order announcement soon, with more information about the actual release.

We had intended to launch the game with our new website, but issues with it caused us to go with the existing website instead.  Which was, to say the least, problematic.  But it's finally set and went live a few minutes ago.  I'm going to give it a few hours before making an official announcement.

Steve

We had intended to launch the game with our new website, but issues with it caused us to go with the existing website instead.  Which was, to say the least, problematic.  But it's finally set and went live a few minutes ago.  I'm going to give it a few hours before making an official announcement.

Steve

Thanks for the update. After the long wait, I am very much looking forward to finally be able to play the game. I hope the pre-order delay will be very short.

ok, will try again later. Yes win 10 tells me there is a problem with the Security Certificate and won't let me proceed. That's the first time that has happened since I've been using win10. Why do I feel like a junkie and my dealer just refused to sell to me anymore ....LOL :D