Linear Foilage!

A bit naughty but I am posting this here because it's the most active thread!

I had the idea that as well the existing four Foilage options, three densities and the grid option for things like orchards and vineyards it would be nice to be able to make Foilage follow fences or hedges. This is because if you look at most European fence lines you will see that there are often occasional bushes or trees interspersed. 

At present the two map tricks I tend to use to make field boundaries look more natural are mixing fences with brush and using dyke lock to slightly raise the fence line along part of it's length, but being able to mixing in tress or bushes would be nice.

I'd also like at some point a good look at rural walls.

They shouldn't be that straight and should have uneven tops like hedges and bocage. Also a tumbled down section or trailing end would be great too, as they often just Peter out rather than stop abruptly.

Peter.

A bit naughty but I am posting this here because it's the most active thread!

I had the idea that as well the existing four Foilage options, three densities and the grid option for things like orchards and vineyards it would be nice to be able to make Foilage follow fences or hedges. This is because if you look at most European fence lines you will see that there are often occasional bushes or trees interspersed. 

At present the two map tricks I tend to use to make field boundaries look more natural are mixing fences with brush and using dyke lock to slightly raise the fence line along part of it's length, but being able to mixing in tress or bushes would be nice.

They shouldn't be that straight and should have uneven tops like hedges and bocage. Also a tumbled down section or trailing end would be great too, as they often just Peter out rather than stop abruptly.

Peter.

Yes, would be nice to have more mixing and matching terrain, or foliage types available, or the linear one you mention. The only solution I came up with so far, is introducing new flavor objects, made from other CMX2 game objects. I.e I made the standard wooden fence in CMBN a flavor object (a single one AS wide section) and thus can place it anywhere on the map, incl. mixing these with hedges and such. No success with walls so far, as a wall *.mdr is nowhere to be found amongst CMBN files when unpacking the BRZ. Trees and bushes are somewhat more difficult to turn to flavor objects and I´d just had limited success. Off course these all are eye candy only and have no further effect (I believe) on a units pathing and LOS/LOF capabilities. Careful ditch locking is also some good way to enhance certain terrain contours and overally offer bits of more micro terrain for infantry to use. If you like seeing some the mentioned ideas worked into a CMBN mission, then check this one out. Btw, I need some more play testers for this. Hehe

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/121337-rockinharry-scenario-thread/

Agreed, but you can make rural walls look more natural if you modify the underlying terrain just a bit, so it has a little bit of curviness to it. That also makes the landscape look more natural in general, even flat fields are not billard table flat after all :)