Some Final Blitzkrieg basic details

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you manage to make it to the successful end of the campaign, you go into hypothetical territory and attack hasty American defenses at Werbomont. This is something the Germans could very much have done if some things had gone differently.

Taking Werbomont is the end of the campaign. At that point, the way to a Meuse river bridge is clear, which was KG Peiper's objective. Follow-on units were to continue the advance to Antwerp.

Failing the campaign (either taking too long to advance by getting held up at Stoumont or beyond Stoumont, or by running out of fuel), results in a fail end mission where you have to exfil the dismounted KG through American positions.

Of course, this whole plan is really doomed from the start in the bigger scheme of things. You can win the campaign and achieve your objective, but in reality the wider operation is still doomed to failure as we all know.

how do you run out of fuel?

Unfortunately there will be no gameplay upgrades - which will probably mean I will not buy this game.

I  don't understand this mindset.You have to have upgrades in order for it to be a value?The way I decide to purchase is wether or not I like the game and the overall direction and philosophy of the company. Will I have fun playing this new game?Absolutley, so I buy it.

Unfortunately there will be no gameplay upgrades - which will probably mean I will not buy this game.

well it is your money and time, you are absolutely right to set and purchase or not based on your priorities.  This is a great title though and the conditions for battles you can not get in CMBN.  Honestly if I HAD to choose between the two, I'd probably go with this one over CMBN.  Keep in mind also that as BF continues to produce when they do get to adding additional features they will be backported to this game so it isn't like not having them in the initial release means it won't get them.   You can have your cake and eat it too even if the whipped cream comes later.

Which is probably the best way to assure you will never get what you want. BF needs the support of a rather small community of buyers to be able to develop these unique games and make a profit. Despite some empty remarks by certain people there simply isn't anything that can touch CM. So stop behaving like a little boy, buy the game (I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it), continue to ask for what you want (BF really listens) and one day even you will be satisfied. The same goes for you, Warrenpeace. Stop moaning.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Seems nobody noticed the 'probably' in my post. I wanted CMFB to be the game that got me playing CM again. I had hoped that it would introduce either something new, or improve some aspects of the game that I find frustrating. I have supported Battlefront over the years (CMBO, BB, AK, Shock force + 2 modules, CMBFN plus CW, CMFI plus GL). 

i think it's useful to say why your 'probably' not going to buy a product, as it IS useful data for the devs. 

Oh and Warts n all, I really did have look at my posting history.

I'll probably leave it at that as I don't want to get in any trouble!

Edited by futon river crossing

I think with this game series there is an element of supporting its future by buying the latest release, as it helps to fund future development work, and we know that there are a lot of new features the team want to add to the game.

The short term view is quite acceptable "don't buy the game as it is not delivering what i want" or there is the longer term view "buy the game as it secures the future game development work for the next releases" (and will be plenty to enjoy with the new Battle of the Buldge environment, maps, campaigns and units while you are waiting)

Edited by Placebo

I  don't understand this mindset.You have to have upgrades in order for it to be a value?The way I decide to purchase is wether or not I like the game and the overall direction and philosophy of the company. Will I have fun playing this new game?Absolutley, so I buy it.

I am interested CMFB's subject matter- the Bulge and other areas of combat in the ETO late 1944/early 1945.  Also, I think CMx2 3.0 is a terrific game that I really enjoy playing.  So, CMFB is an instant pre-order on my part.

It's the subject matter that sells these games to me.  CMx2's WW2 stuff?  All instant pre-orders.  The hypothetical modern stuff?  No sale.  I skipped CMSF and CMBS.  (I also skipped CM:A.)  I have no interest in those games' subject matters.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  It wouldn't have mattered if CMBS was released with a ton of new features I still wouldn't have purchased it because I know I'd never play it.

Still, when CMBS got its own forum then I didn't go there "to announce my displeasure throughout the world" that BFC had decided to go back to hypothetical modern warfare for its next major release.

Edited by Myles Keogh

t wouldn't have mattered if CMBS was released with a ton of new features I still wouldn't have purchased it because I know I'd never play it.

I also don't think it can be repeated often enough (though I'm sure Myles is entirely aware of it, many seem to forget): Myles would still have eventually been able to play the WW2 titles with that hypothetical "ton of new features" introduced in BS because the relevant ones would be included in a later version of the indefinitely-supported upgradeable game engine. Which also means that when the things that irritate futon river crossing and those of analogous mind are fixed, they'll be able to buy FB without any reservation at all.

I've purchased the original CM, CMAK, CMBB, CMBN and CMRT over the years.
But, I'm in the same boat as Futon and WarrenPeace in that I personally feel that without
any new gameplay features that it is from my perspective just an "add on pack".

So, I personally won't be purchasing it.

Just a curiosity.

CMFB added the M 24 Chaffee and the M 36 tank destroyer to the Allied tanks.

I suppose that the Commonwealth/ Spring 1945 module will add also the M 26 Pershing and the Comet.

Were these 2 tanks actually used in combat, or should we wait for Combat Mission Korea?

Just a curiosity.

CMFB added the M 24 Chaffee and the M 36 tank destroyer to the Allied tanks.

I suppose that the Commonwealth/ Spring 1945 module will add also the M 26 Pershing and the Comet.

Were these 2 tanks actually used in combat, or should we wait for Combat Mission Korea?

The Pershing did see Combat in Europe.

When did American 57mm recoilless gun arrive in Europe. That will be mighty useful come the spring 45 module. One super-cool thing reserved for the eventual module are *up-armored Shermans*. A Sherman with a doubled-up bow plate literally has more frontal armor than a King Tiger!

Pershing definitely got used in combat. Hunnicutt's first book was on Pershing and highlighted its exploits in Europe (I have an autographed copy of that book from the author) :D

us-m26-zebra_69.jpg

When did American 57mm recoilless gun arrive in Europe. That will be mighty useful come the spring 45 module. One super-cool thing reserved for the eventual module are *up-armored Shermans*. A Sherman with a doubled-up bow plate literally has more frontal armor than a King Tiger!

Pershing definitely got used in combat. Hunnicutt's first book was on Pershing and highlighted its exploits in Europe (I have an autographed copy of that book from the author) :D

us-m26-zebra_69.jpg

Excellent book and the best account of the battle between "Fireball" and the Tiger I.