Some Final Blitzkrieg basic details

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the signs. Thanks for expanding away from the only random mode of before.

@MikeyD     Can you maybe show the BMP for the famous Peiper sign with the rifle? :D 

I immediately wonder how I can mod it to take the rifle out and get the same to the left and to the right look? But perhaps with Kalach and Stalingrad instead for example.

Or a hundred other combos to the limits of our imagination. Great stuff.

Love the signs. Thanks for expanding away from the only random mode of before.

@MikeyD     Can you maybe show the BMP for the famous Peiper sign with the rifle? :D 

I immediately wonder how I can mod it to take the rifle out and get the same to the left and to the right look? But perhaps with Kalach and Stalingrad instead for example.

Or a hundred other combos to the limits of our imagination. Great stuff.

Kohl, what do you think of getting more varied poster geometry shapes (not the bitmaps)?

I never cared for the posters. When you destroy the building, don't they remain behind in anti-gravity mode?

I just mod the wall bmp and slap the poster directly on it. Then when she goes, the poster goes too.

building101-front-level-0%2001_zps1p8zm4

Good point, lol :D I tend to (mis-) use posters as signs to be pinned anywhere (telephone poles, pillboxes, trees), not just walls.

Hi everybody.
CMFB looks like a wonderful game. I can't wait for play it. After a first quickly reading of the manual, I've some doubts and I would like that anybody of the dev team or the veterans players help me to resolve them.
1. The TO&E will include late 1944 formations. Will we see german M44 pattern uniforms and american M43 pattern uniforms or will we've to await for the next expansion Jan-May 45?
2. Will Panther G mid come with the steel wheels ?(on the page 77 of the manual is mentioned that detail but it isn't confirmed)
3. Tiger II will be Henschel model, but what happens with the Jagdtiger? Will it be Henschel or Porsche? The model which isn't coming now, will it come in future expansions?
Thanks in advance and I hope a short wait until the end of January ;)

Poster objects are designed to disappear with destroyed facades so it would be rare to find a detached poster floating. There's also posters & signs directly applied to some of the commercial buildings. I now know how to say 'Wallonia Commercial Association" in French.  :)

Yup, there were two types of Jagdtigers but the game's only got the later. First ten got the lousy Porsche suspension and a coat of zimmerit, the remaining 75(?) got Tiger II suspension. Only the good lord (aka Steve) knows what'll show up in future modules.

Yup, Panther G (Mid) has got the steel Tiger wheels. Supposedly it was a limited run but you see a LOT of steel wheel Panther photos when hunting through historical sources. The CMFB Panther G (Early) is a somewhat later production vehicle than in CMBN, without zimmerit and with the rare late summer factory 'ambush' camou pattern. 

Currently, when you hit 'winter uniforms' for US you have a choice of either the wool greatcoat or the M43 uniform. I'm ignorant of German uniform types, not sure what's what. But you can see what uniform types the Germans are scampering around in in the AAR picts.

Poster objects are designed to disappear with destroyed facades so it would be rare to find a detached poster floating. There's also posters & signs directly applied to some of the commercial buildings. I now know how to say 'Wallonia Commercial Association" in French.  :)

Yup, there were two types of Jagdtigers but the game's only got the later. First ten got the lousy Porsche suspension and a coat of zimmerit, the remaining 75(?) got Tiger II suspension. Only the good lord (aka Steve) knows what'll show up in future modules.

Yup, Panther G (Mid) has got the steel Tiger wheels. Supposedly it was a limited run but you see a LOT of steel wheel Panther photos when hunting through historical sources. The CMFB Panther G (Early) is a somewhat later production vehicle than in CMBN, without zimmerit and with the rare late summer factory 'ambush' camou pattern. 

Currently, when you hit 'winter uniforms' for US you have a choice of either the wool greatcoat or the M43 uniform. I'm ignorant of German uniform types, not sure what's what. But you can see what uniform types the Germans are scampering around in in the AAR picts.

Thank you for your answers MikeyD, they are much appreciated. I glance over ARR pictures.

I´ve seen detached posters from rubbled walls & buildings as well in CMBN, but these where self made maps. I tend to use buildings half overlapping action spots quite a lot, so a poster shifted towards such buildings in 3D edit mode get positioned in the middle of an AS and not at its outer edge. Maybe that´s one of the largely unknown limitations for flavor object placement?

Maybe the floating poster is CM's Keyser Soze? Many have heard of it but none have seen it?

Bernie, you are exactly right! I am calling Casio Lima right now and DEMAND the schwimmwagen be squeezed in before the end of January. Sign my petition!

I not only saw one, I posted the screen shot in the CMBN pictures thread (ages ago), so the floating poster (unlike bigfoot) has been verified.

Content:

• The German campaign gives you command of the tip of the spear in Kampfgruppe Peiper's drive on the Meuse. Battle your way through Stavelot, Stoumont, and other historical locations. You will have a lot of tough decisions to make as you balance the need for speed, rest, and fuel while you try to break through American lines before you are surrounded and overwhelmed. 

Are there changes to the campaign system? Or is it the same as before where you choose which route to take by choosing an exit or objective?

Are there changes to the campaign system? Or is it the same as before where you choose which route to take by choosing an exit or objective?

Correct. You have a standard mission, but there are a couple routes to take. One route ends in a Major Victory for the scenario, and results in a branch that goes one way. The other results in a Total Victory for the scenario, and goes to a different branch.

There are two major decisions that affect the rest of the campaign. The first is whether to stop for the night and reorganize before attacking Stavelot, or attacking immediately in darkness. Attacking in darkness is tricky and could go very badly, and because of the narrow roads you will have to do it with just the leading force, but if you pull it off you get to capture Stavelot many hours earlier, which puts your whole operation on a faster track. In addition since you didn't get the night to rest, you have to deal with decreased fitness/experience due to fatigue for days afterwards. The second branch is, just after capturing Stavelot, whether you want to spend time looking for fuel depots or instead continue west as quickly as possible. If you continue west as quickly as possible, you gain the benefits of a speedy advance but will now HAVE to keep your supply lines open or the campaign is over as your panzers run out of fuel.

Edited by ChrisND

How far can you go beyond history in the German campaign, I'm guessing you will never see Antwerp?

If you manage to make it to the successful end of the campaign, you go into hypothetical territory and attack hasty American defenses at Werbomont. This is something the Germans could very much have done if some things had gone differently.

Taking Werbomont is the end of the campaign. At that point, the way to a Meuse river bridge is clear, which was KG Peiper's objective. Follow-on units were to continue the advance to Antwerp.

Failing the campaign (either taking too long to advance by getting held up at Stoumont or beyond Stoumont, or by running out of fuel), results in a fail end mission where you have to exfil the dismounted KG through American positions.

Of course, this whole plan is really doomed from the start in the bigger scheme of things. You can win the campaign and achieve your objective, but in reality the wider operation is still doomed to failure as we all know.

Please let vehicles make moving turns, not stop pivot move stop pivot move etc.  No you cannot put enough 'waypoints' consistently enough to help turning maneuverability.  The game is so phenomenal   I can't understand why this won't worked especially when it worked pretty good in CMBO 1.