580 posts needed to pass CM Touch! :D

I'll throw one out there and do my part in adding to the post count.

When I first heard that the next CM game was going to cover the Battle of the Bulge I was underwhelmed by the news. I honestly don't know why though, seeing as its the Battle of the freakin Bulge. Like the unwashed heathen who had yet to see the light, the moment my brain heard 'new WWII game' it went straight to 'not another WWII game!' I guess I was hoping for another title covering a more modern setting, be it contemporary or sometime during the Cold War. I'm still desperately clinging to the hope that one day Battlefront gives us Combat Mission: Fulda Gap. With some patience, @kohlenklau will get his schwimmwagens and I'll get a Cold War game, but not yet.

Recently I've been warming up to the upcoming Bulge game. (The irony of that statement isn't lost on me) Of course there should be a CM: Bulge game! It is the single biggest battle the US Army has ever fought, and damn near one of its toughest and most dire to boot. So many heroes, stories and legends emerged from this one event. It almost matches D-Day in both size and scope. I couldn't be more excited.

The beta AAR threads are awesome, I can't wait to see how those battles develop and what the new toys look like in action. Bud's comic AAR is extremely fun and entertaining to read. I'm constantly checking in to see if there are new updates to those threads, and if there are any new and interesting threads popping up. 

Everything so far looks fantastic and as Chris said a week or so ago, the game is very near completion. If they released the game on the historical beginning of the Battle of the Bulge it would be one hell of a cherry on top. Here's hoping!

Quickly, if anyone is interested in a good book about the Battle of the Bulge, I recommend "A Time For Trumpets" by Charles B. MacDonald. (The same author who wrote "Company Commander") I'm reading it right now in the hopes of finishing it by the 16th. 480 pages to go!

Edited by IICptMillerII

Everything so far looks fantastic and as Chris said a week or so ago, the game is very near completion. If they released the game on the historical beginning of the Battle of the Bulge it would be one hell of a cherry on top. Here's hoping.

It pains me to be a downer, but I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. Sorry.

It pains me to be a downer, but I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. Sorry.

I'm sure you chose to release later so as to not have a conflict with the release of Star Wars VII ;)

Kidding aside, I know you guys are working hard to deliver a high quality product, as is per usual. Its not that far away, even if there is no "official" release date set, and that is more than enough for me. Gives me more time to brush up on my history! Plus, we have the fantastic AARs going to keep our interests peaked. 

Edited by IICptMillerII