CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

Aaaagh, I just can't keep quiet about this - LOOKIT THE NEW FLAME ANIMATIONS IN THE GAME!!!!

Whew, I feel better now.

Awww, I was waiting to see if anyone else would notice.

Oh and thanks, those are my guys burning in there ... :rolleyes:

In other news, I've just watched the latest turn, but I don't have time to do orders tonight.
However - for those moaning that the new stream tiles aren't really "proper water" - my Panther bogged crossing one ... for about 10 seconds. Phew.

Aaaagh, I just can't keep quiet about this - LOOKIT THE NEW FLAME ANIMATIONS IN THE GAME!!!!

Whew, I feel better now.

I did notice those. They are a very welcome addition. I've been using Vein's forever. The new ones look similar, but I can't tell from the screens if the new stock flames are better or not. From what I can see, they will definitely enhance the out-of-the-box experience.

-Lookin' forward to seeing them in-game!

Edited by Macisle

This is awesome so far. I always miss the AARs for the previous games until after they're finished.

That's such a tricky situation. I think if I was in that position, I would hold the tanks back. They're just too valuable. You have a lot of infantry so I would just keep sending them forward, spreading them way out and infiltrating every part of the map they can. You never know from where they might spot something.

Then once you know what you're up against, you concentrate all the armor together and strike! :D

Hi Baneman. Very enjoyable AAR.

I would use the 251s as recon and  bait, but I would stop moving infantry with them. I know you don't need my advice, but that burning 251 could have been loaded.

No problem, I was only using the one on the left after it was masked by the buildings ( and it has now unloaded too ).

The one that died had the scout team in it originally as it knew it was running a risk.

Awww, I was waiting to see if anyone else would notice.

Oh and thanks, those are my guys burning in there ... :rolleyes:

In other news, I've just watched the latest turn, but I don't have time to do orders tonight.
However - for those moaning that the new stream tiles aren't really "proper water" - my Panther bogged crossing one ... for about 10 seconds. Phew.

Although I don´t feel addressed here, I like to say that I´m quite satisfied with the new stream addition in CMFB. It´s way more than I actually expected (beyond just dropping some decals on the ground). :)

Btw, I can help you with translating the letters to be sent home to german mothers. Eheh :D

And now forget about the german doctrine handbooks for probing missions and comply to the Fuhrers orders, doing some aggressive and decisive actions on the wimpy Amerikaner! B)

Said Wimpy Amerikaner pulled his Tank back from the treeline of the "Trouble Spot" to below the crest of that rise. This took him out of sight of my peeking Panther and Stummel.

It still left him with eyes on my now laughably-titled "scouts" in the forest. It saw them, shot them and killed a man. Somehow they still haven't seen IT. :o :angry:

So that's it - somehow men moving slowly in a forest are more visible than a honking great big tank sitting out in the snow ( and it's probably buttoned )
Thus it falls to me to be the first to say for the new title - BFC fix or do sumfink ! :lol:

Kohl, he had a fair point, you could have pm'd Woki. Please let's not get into name-calling here.

And now, back to the action, grim though it may be for poor Oberschütze Flik.

One of the scouts, he met his demise at the hands of the mystery tank that KO'd the halftrack. In this picture you can see how the tank has pulled back from the crest of the ridge.
Hopefully the remaining men ( they still have their binoculars ) will be able to at least ID the damned thing when they reach the end of their dash.

CMFB 072 new posi.png

Given the position I previously pointed out, I'm now going to move Big Kitty forward to at least threaten his Supporting position ( if there is actually anything there - the initial sound contact could easily be the Mystery Tank before it moved forward ). The red dotted line indicates a ridge line which ( theoretically ) prevents anything in that rearmost wood from targeting the Kitty's side.

CMFB 071 Tiger Tiger.png

Edited by Baneman

On the left, the Sturmgrenadiers continue to move up to Edge Wood. Foremost unit (B) are occupying a house which should allow them to see if any Americans are coming forward in the wood. The stalwart Halftrack reverses yet again to pick up 1 last team (A). It will take them as far as (B) - we'll know by then if there's anything up there that can threaten it.

The Volksgrenadier HQ has crossed the bridge and further teams are moving up ( orange circles ).

CMFB 074 Left moves.png

Baneman,

Great shots.  Really gives us a feel for the action.  Sorry about the halftrack.  Bil has been rumored to be experimenting with some stealth technology that is being applied to some of his armor.  This might explain how your scouts didn't see his tank.  -_-

Did you have covered arcs on your scouts as you moved them up or did you leave them to fire at anything they might have spotted?  Just curious.

Looks like Flik got impaled...argghh.  Bil is using laz rifles too?  Call in the Angels of Death!!!

Heinrich505

Centre Left, the Panther having survived its bogging moment in the stream, has reached its new position and has now better LoS into the edge of town.
Elements of VG 2 Platoon (A) bound forward to support 1 Platoon on their left.
HMG's have finally reached the edge of the wood and are setting up with decent LoS to the edge of town as well. And lastly, another pic for the Shadow grogs ( the VG guys (B) in the post above )

CMFB 075 mg1.png

CMFB 070 shadows.png

...  Did you have covered arcs on your scouts as you moved them up or did you leave them to fire at anything they might have spotted?  Just curious.

No, I didn't put Covered Arcs on the scouts. Since I'm unsure what they regard as effective range with their MP44's, I thought I'd leave it up to them, especially if they spotted any American scouts.

Und more action ! Or at least - we've seen the enemy :) ... or is that :unsure:

I gave my Panther a very short Hunt forward and after a 15s delay, a Reverse back. Finally he spots the enemy "Mystery Tank". Unfortunately, there were only about 5s left before he pulled back, so although he aimed at it, no shot was fired. Well, now we know what it is ...

CMFB 089 shootnscoot1.png

CMFB 089 mystery tank.png

Further to the right, my Batt HQ's 251/3 sees another of the "Mystery Tanks" moving forward - perhaps the Americans are impatient ? It's the same as above, so he prudently throws it into reverse. Meanwhile, Big Kitty reached a good position to swing right and cover that area.

CMFB 085 right1.png

CMFB 087 kitty1.png

More in the centre, that jeep we saw earlier is heading to the small wood. Both my HMG and a team of Sturmgrenadiers spot it - I tell them to fire. The range for the grenadiers is about 400m, so it will be interesting to see if they deem that feasible for their MP44's.

CMFB 081 right1.png

To bad about the missed shot with the Panther...A kill there would have been sweet ! :)

You seemes to have timed the advance of Big Kitty fairly well...I'm sure that enemy tankdestroyer will think twice about moving forward again...

But...if it does...

Do you think it will be able to hurt Kitty...From the front...If it gets the first shot of...? The distance is quite short...

On the left, we advance further into the town - HQ moving up, team moving forward, another team in the field gets closer too.
Firing is heard and a sound contact appears. Unfortunately, I have no idea what/who he's firing on. Possibly into the woods I'm advancing through. It sounds like a .50 cal, so the most likely culprit is the jeep I saw earlier.
However, my 2 HMG's are now set up and so I order some area fire into the area. If it is a jeep, it may just feel a bit sick ;)

CMFB 086 town.png

CMFB 082 centre left2.png

And finally - the "Shadow Grogs" enter their overwatch house and immediately pick up on another enemy vehicle. Looks like the Americans are into aggressive scouting.
They move over to that side of the building in the hopes of seeing more.
Behind them, the rest of their platoon moves up - I need to drive enemy scouts away at worst, kill them at best :)

CMFB 088 shadow grogs.png

CMFB 080 left mvmt1.png