CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

Everyone's a critic :rolleyes:

As soon as I've finished deploying, I will post pictures (possibly even with arrows).

Must say I'm surprised at the lack of suggestion posts (not suggestive posts, BLSTK is over in the CMFI forum :P ). 

I expected more "do this", "do that" posts- perhaps we've matured :D

That's a hugely impressive list! I have searched for H.Dv.s for years.

Have you ever thought about scanning and uploading it to archive.org?

I recently had to buy a new Canon Lide scanner and compared with my 15 year old scanner, the scanning process is very fast and can be setup that way, that it automatically combines the scanned pages into a single PDF. Very convenient to share i.e. historical books or documents with the world.

Oh, I gathered these over the years from various sources like ebay and other online market places and it wasn´t that hard nor expensive. Depends upon what you´re looking for. I.e the very informative HDV 130/2a (basic infantry training) is rather wide spread and to be obtained for 10-20 Euros.

Scanning. Thought of that, yes, but for what purpose? Some the 70-80 year old prints are a bit fragile and the efforts of scanning several hundred pages and preparing them for conversion in any ebook format is not to be underestimated. Not to forget copy right matters, since a number of the original publishers (Mittler & Sohn i.e) still exist nowadays. At last it would take away time, I rather like spending with making scenarios and related researches.

As soon as I've finished deploying, I will post pictures (possibly even with arrows).

Must say I'm surprised at the lack of suggestion posts (not suggestive posts, BLSTK is over in the CMFI forum :P ). 

Hi, in response i lurk and watch these games but rarely offer advice as I don't want to skew the game as I read both threads and I try to stay neutral. If however you suggest approaches and ask God comments then you might find people will offer advice.So if you Said I am thinking of X or Y... That might gather advice...

When someone asks; why did you do this or why didnt you do this? you should simply answer "to spite you :P"

:D

Right, here's the awful truth. ( normally I try to post text in between the pics, but the forum goes mad if I try to edit, pulling in pictures from as far afield as CMRT forum :blink:, so I'm posting all the info, then all the pics. )

Pic 1 shows the initial movement on the right.
This is basically the 2 platoons of the Grenadiers 2 Company who will be doing the scouting. Scouts on the left in a 251/3 will go around the woods on the left up to the yellow arrow.
Remaining vehicles offloading their units to trudge through the woods ( A/B/C shows destinations. This excessive caution is due to the not-quite-sure nature of LoS distances ).
Big kitty is Moving forward just a tad.

Pic 2 is the other half of 1 Company, along with a 251/21 Drilling. They are lurking in reserve. ( Vehicles from Pic 1 at top right for context ).

Pic 3 is the movement of the other SturmGrenadier platoon of 1 Company. Their orders are to get to the extreme left of the village. Only 1 team is in the 251/1 again due to possibility of being spotted/engaged. It's unlikely, but Bil could easily push forward aggressively from his startpoint in the town to get eyes on my movement. Although it's on a road, all movement could take longer than I'm used to in the snow.

Pic4 depicts the VolksGrenadiers' movement into the town. Their primary firesupport is the 215/21 Drilling which will stop just short of the main road ( possibility of an ATG looking down the road is too great to risk ).

Pic 5 shows the support elements of the Volksgrenadiers. The Panther, 251/17 and mortar should all be able to see and engage any Americans advancing to the outskirts of the town. I'm moving 2 HMG's through the woods to hopefully gain LoS on the town flank. Behind the HMG's are another 2 and a spare platoon of VG in reserve.

Pic 6 - the right side of the woods in Pic 5. 1 Platoon of VG 2 Company move forward slowly, ultimately heading for the forest in the centre. If they can get there, they should be able to see a good portion of the map. Platoons 2 & 3 remain behind.

CMFB 001 right side vehicles.png

CMFB 002 reserve.png

CMFB 003 StGren left.png

CMFB 004 VolksG left.png

CMFB 005 left.png

CMFB 006 VG centre left.png

Gorgeous screenshots, Baneman. Thank you. They show CMFB in all it's majesty. Those buildings are very nice. Can't wait to see that Drilling open fire. Dran, drauf und dürch!

Last week I've played Command Ops 2 Battles of the Bulge and I'm reading Bergströms book on the Ardennes at the moment. Combined with these screenshots I'm really getting into the mood.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Let the battle commence :)

Do you have a specific plan of how you intend to move 'Big Kitty' forward (a number of succsesive overwatch possitions already choosen) to support your attack or will it be kept back and react to Bils actions ?

Low level screenshot facing the enemy from your current support possitions when it comes to 'Big Kitty' would be cool...(continually updated ones you move it)

Thanks...And Good luck !

Repsol, I decided to be more reactive since I'm still not 100% sure of the LoS and LoF. Once I get the first turn movie, I should know better ... especially if I'm being shot at from mega-far-away :wacko:

Keen to see it unfold too. Doubt Bil will take too long, on the defense you can often sit motionless for several turns.

Well people, I'm here to report that the ATTACK is underway.

The first Pic is entitled "Dashing through the snow" ;)
It shows just how far we didn't get in one turn of Quick. The 2 halftracks did alright, the one on the road is nearly there and so is the Drilling.

Then there's a closeup of the Drilling.
Pic 3 shows the right hand side getting underway and the last pic ( just for RepsolCBR ) is entitled "Overwatch". :)

CMFB 013 Dashing through the snow.png

CMFB 012 Nearly there.png

CMFB 010 Setting off.png

CMFB 011 Overwatch.png