CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

Ok, so what are the Victory Conditions other then the Objectives ?...I looked at beginning of thread but didn't see anything like points for Enemy Casualties ( 25-50% ), Ammo expenditure, etc. 

It's a Probe QB, so there is a total possible1000 victory points divided evenly between terrain objectives and enemy units destroyed.

The action quiets down as both sides attempt to jockey for better positions. Enemy tanks 8 & 9 continue to move forward, but cautiously now and Big Kitty doesn't quite have LoS yet. Accordingly, it is moving very slightly, but staying on the road.
Also I was too quick with my tank ID - it seems that #8 is in fact another Easy Eight. Just unfortunate that it was #9 that soaked up my Panther fire. #8 would probably have been a kill. The top Jumbo and pal are moving forward again, emboldened by Big Kitty pulling off the rise. 3 jeeps are now also scurrying around the area, 2 armed. My HMG can see them, but somehow LoF is lacking :(

CMFB 240 1.png

Mine too. However IIRC snow was not part of that test....

And neither, IIRC, was turning. Not that I've any actual evidence that turning increases bogging risk or introduces more speed-related risk, it just occurred to me that it's something which might, which we haven't seen tested, and which might account for some anecdotes/perceived effects.

Baneman,

I was away for work this weekend and return to a veritable blood fest.  Wow, Big Kitty is certainly making one heck of an impression.

Great action and screen shots.  That hole in the back of the TD is huge!!!

Bil may be pressing to try and get a few more licks in to delay your advance.

Heinrich505

Ok, first up, apologies - I felt a bit funny tonight, so I'm not going to finish posting about this last turn, I'm just putting up the important picture tonight.
Hopefully you can still read all about it on Bil's thread.

Quickly then - another treatment of "What the Panther saw"

CMFB 250 wtps1.png

Oh no, wait, sorry ... THIS is what the Panther saw :P

CMFB 250 wtps2.png

To summarise - Bil's Easy Eight in the valley ( #8 ) ventured further forward in its quest to destroy my helpless infantry in the woods. It strayed into the eyes of my Veteran Panther. A 3rd kill ring for the barrel.
Big Kitty still can't see through the forest, despite blue line LoS to the Jumbo.
However, Bil's 2 Shermans are also charging, so the Big Kitty has to do a handbrake turn. ( of course, the Jumbo in the valley might get a shot at it's flank, but this is why Bil is regarded as "good at this". The 2 Shermans are harassing my infantry too, but I'm moving all infantry closer in to add targets and risk - also, a Faust could come in handy right about now.

More pics tomorrow

Edited by Baneman

Ok, first up, apologies - I felt a bit funny tonight, so I'm not going to finish posting about this last turn, I'm just putting up the important picture tonight.
Hopefully you can still read all about it on Bil's thread.

Quickly then - another treatment of "What the Panther saw"

CMFB 250 wtps1.png

Oh no, wait, sorry ... THIS is what the Panther saw :P

CMFB 250 wtps2.png

To summarise - Bil's Easy Eight in the valley ( #8 ) ventured further forward in its quest to destroy my helpless infantry in the woods. It strayed into the eyes of my Veteran Panther. A 3rd kill ring for the barrel.
Big Kitty still can't see through the forest, despite blue line LoS to the Jumbo.
However, Bil's 2 Shermans are also charging, so the Big Kitty has to do a handbrake turn. ( of course, the Jumbo in the valley might get a shot at it's flank, but this is why Bil is regarded as "good at this". The 2 Shermans are harassing my infantry too, but I'm moving all infantry closer in to add targets and risk - also, a Faust could come in handy right about now.

More pics tomorrow

Beautiful screenshots! Oh, and nice outcome. ;)

So close...you totally would have gotten that jeep if the tank hadn't been in the way.

I guess those are the breaks. Better luck next time!

Well said! I didn't actually spit out my coffee, but I still think your post should get the crown...

Ken

I bet the jeep "gets it" next turn.

Yeh, I didn't even see the jeep when I took the screenshot. Love the comment. :lol:

I can't remember exactly where that jeep went, but there are now 3-4 of them buzzing about - either trying to harass my infantry, or just trying to confuse the number of vehicle targets.

I've been annoyed at my MG's lack of "dealing with" them. I've decided to get more aggressive on the left and am pushing my 251/17 forward to see beyond the town - there are 2 jeeps out there just watching and I'd like to push a bit more. It's a risk, but given Bil's preponderance of armour, I'm not sure he does have anything like ATG's lurking out there.
I have a screenshot I will post later to show this move. Fingers crossed - It would be nice to start making Bil react a bit for a change ;)

Edited by Baneman