CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

Wow. Next turn looks to be a fateful one. Hope the Jagd doesn't throw a track in those snowy woods.

Was this from view height 1 or 2?

I'm somewhat irked, since he must have fired practically through the ground to get the hit - see 2nd pic which is what I can see from the 251/17 position. As a wargamer, I now have something to moan about :lol:

CMFB 210 right3.png

I'm somewhat irked, since he must have fired practically through the ground to get the hit

That is unfortunate, but interesting!

Perhaps the trajectory of the shell was such that it "hugged the ground" in a parabola until impact. That would explain at least part of this event. Not the spotting, though.

Best regards,
Thomm

Not to overstate the issue or anything but in RL I know of one tanker who called a shot on the exhaust plume of a T55 that was below the siteline. He missed, but thought he had a good chance. So its possible. Its really relevant to see it from the M18 POV. 

Edited by nik mond

That was View Height 1 - which was level with the sides of the halftrack. :(

Maybe visually there's the snow layer on top of normal ground layer but does the game LOS and LOF system take the extra foot or three of snow into account as blocking?

In the deep snow the vehicles visually sink into the snow presumably to the normal ground layer underneath.

Edited by Wicky

Well, I've just received the turn back from Bil and although I don't have time to do my orders, I cannot leave you all in suspense.

The short version - Bil pulled his 2 Hellcats and 2 Shermans back again.
But not quite fast enough... ;)

CMFB 200 BK.png

CMFB 200 BK2.png

... note the small fountain of earth in the background - which is where the shell finally stopped moving ... :wub:

Edited by Baneman

Can't report on reload times yet. That shot happened with about 10 -12 seconds left on the clock. At the end of the turn they were still "Reloading".

I too, think Bil will charge - especially with the Hellcat on the right - it would take it too long to try to reverse away as it will have to turn to pull back along the forest edge. I expect it to come forward full tilt, bearing to its left as it tries to flank me. The Shermans will probably try to get away, heading to their right. That way Bil splits the targets - a good strategy against a turretless opponent.

Other interesting things to note from last turn ( not yet shown in pictures ). The "8th Sherman" did not get a shot at my Drilling - possibly Bil did not know it was there. It was, however, joined by a "9th Sherman" :angry:  ( VG Panther will be trying to stalk these - they are facing my right, so side-on to him )
At the very end of the turn, a 10th :o armour contact appeared further to the rear on my left - another TD, sporting a 90mm gun :wacko:
Wait, who is attacking here ? :lol:

Can't report on reload times yet. That shot happened with about 10 -12 seconds left on the clock. At the end of the turn they were still "Reloading".

I too, think Bil will charge - especially with the Hellcat on the right - it would take it too long to try to reverse away as it will have to turn to pull back along the forest edge. I expect it to come forward full tilt, bearing to its left as it tries to flank me. The Shermans will probably try to get away, heading to their right. That way Bil splits the targets - a good strategy against a turretless opponent.

Other interesting things to note from last turn ( not yet shown in pictures ). The "8th Sherman" did not get a shot at my Drilling - possibly Bil did not know it was there. It was, however, joined by a "9th Sherman" :angry:  ( VG Panther will be trying to stalk these - they are facing my right, so side-on to him )
At the very end of the turn, a 10th :o armour contact appeared further to the rear on my left - another TD, sporting a 90mm gun :wacko:
Wait, who is attacking here ? :lol:

If he has 10 pieces of armor you now know that he can't have much in the way of infantry. You need to get your infantry and armor working together and overwhelm him. If you try and make this a tank vs tank battle Bill wins.