What's New For CMFB Quick Battle Games

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can these changes be patched to Black sea also? I play almost nothing but quick battles.

The next module for Black sea will introduce the description changes I've made but not necessarily with the base game QB Maps that already exist.  The changes that BFC has made to improve the TOE selection and game play will no doubt be included for the base game and the module as that's their policy.

The next module for Black sea will introduce the description changes I've made but not necessarily with the base game QB Maps that already exist.  The changes that BFC has made to improve the TOE selection and game play will no doubt be included for the base game and the module as that's their policy.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Thanks so much for all your hard work for our entertainment. Seriously, thank you.

Interesting. Do you have any source for that outside of CM?

Michael

No, and I've never looked for one.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I busted out my copy of Panzer Truppen 2.

Jentz's info is inconsistent as to if the battalion HQ element was 2 or 3 tanks and also as to if there was a panzer recon platoon in the headquarters company.

But for what it's worth, he lists all panzer divisions participating in the Ardennes offensive as having 4-company panzer battalions authorized except for 9 PzDiv and 116 PzDiv each of which has one Panther battalion of 4 companies and one 3-company mixed battalion (2 Pz IV, 1 assault gun).

The divisions also vary with regards to panzer platoon size as follows:

Panzer Divisions with 4 panzers per platoon (14 kompanie): 2, 3, 11, 116, 2SS, 9SS. These divisions had 2 panzer battalions in their panzer regiment.

Panzer Divisions with 5 panzers per platoon (17 kompanie): 21, Panzer Lehr, 1SS, 10SS, 12SS. However, these divisions had only 1 panzer battalion instead of 2 (although 1SS did also have SS Pz Abt 501 (Tiger IIs) attached).

Edited by Vanir Ausf B