What's New For CMFB Quick Battle Games

What's New

All Meeting Engagement Maps have no AI first turn Artillery Strikes of any kind!

All Probe Style Maps have no AI first turn Artillery Strikes (exception The AI can lay Smoke on first turn)

Assault and Attack Maps still Have AI Artillery plans for first turn but with limits. The AI Attacker targets Objectives only

The AI Defender no longer targets EVERY possible line of attack the Human Player has available.

Changes in The QB Map Description:

"Best Play" time setting gives the player a good idea of How fast or slow the AI is set to Attack or Counter Attack. For example:

If the Best Play is 30 Minutes the AI will start its attack or counter attack well within the time it might take to reach it's objectives.

So the player should consider Not just the time but the size of the map when selecting a game. In no way does this hamper the players'

choice of time. Just a suggestion.

"NOTE" is a way of addressing not clearly defined map features, like Water Depth or the existence of Fords.

The information is available to not only during map selection but at any time during the game via the Menu.

Map Description.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I do the AI setups I must always think about WHAT the AI will be... Infantry, Tanks, a jeep, mines, barb wire, a pill box, or a trench.  So plans must be made to be flexible.  How the AI makes those setup choices is not under my control.  But I think you are actually asking if it's getting better. I can't actually speak to that. But BFC is not known for resting on it's laurels so it's safe to assume the AI evolves with every title. 

I can tell you how VERY much I've enjoyed playing CMFB QB's.... and I mean from random unit selection to final turn of the game.... playing against the AI in iron mode.   Sometimes it just feels so darned RIGHT. I bet many players will feel the same. 

Final Blitzkrieg basic details"....Over 330 Quick Battle maps, including maps from all the historical locations mentioned above and more. Mark Ezra has been honing his craft ..."

Mark must never sleep and or has a more than passing experience with playing against the AI in iron mode ? 

330 Quick Battle maps with all the associated options is going to be a bunch of CMFB FUN :D

Mark

How many of the new maps will be recycled from previous CMx2 titles? For instance, I noticed a bunch of CMRT QB maps included with CMBS. Would love to see unique maps for each CM base game - even if it means fewer maps.

Thanks in advance

Chad

So if it takes only a very little effort to convert an existing asset, you can have lots of them done, and available to people who've not skimmed through BS, or even RT, QB maps. That's surely better than a very few extra new ones. Leveraging existing material is very effort-effective.

So if it takes only a very little effort to convert an existing asset, you can have lots of them done, and available to people who've not skimmed through BS, or even RT, QB maps. That's surely better than a very few extra new ones. Leveraging existing material is very effort-effective.

I agree. Not to mention that if I can fight then and now on the same piece of grass, I think it is rather cool to see how things have changed with technology. ;)

Absolutely no arguments there - if your new to CMx2, all maps are great and you appreciate them all. The maps are already done, so porting them over is quick and easy.

However, for me personally, all I really play are QB's - so the maps that are included with CMBN and its expansions have been played over, and over and over again. Would love to see a fresh set of maps and be able to leave the map at 'random' setting without getting the same maps I have played so many times in the last years.

From the description, if France and Holland are being included then I assume CMBN maps will be included in CMFB. If that is the case, just number them in such a way that I can manually take out the previous maps and leave only the new ones. For instance, in current CMBN there are maps numbered up to around 200. Just make the new ones 300 and above or something. Just a thought.

Maybe a few facts about how I reuse maps will put veteran QB player's minds at ease.

I did indeed recycle CMBN Maps.  None of them are now the same.  Most do not even slightly resemble their CMBN birth.  Elevation, terrain features, Buildings, you name it, are altered. So are Objectives and setup areas. Even with all that I started by using less then 60 CMBN Maps.  And of those perhaps a dozen that were of my own creation that have never been in a title or module.  The actual total of CMFB QB maps is 160 (as of today)

Providing duplicate maps is not my plan.  Providing as many unique and playable maps is.  While I may not always succeed, please know I always try.

RE: CMRT to CMBS Maps.  The maps used from CMRT were often Historical Maps  that I kept more or less intact.  I changed dirt roads to paved or added more, newer commercial buildings but generally kept more to the original design.  I felt, too, that similar layout but advanced weapons technology would be of interest to East Front QB Players.  This was a judgement call of mine.

Mark,

You are a freaking genius at map making and believe me when I say we appreciate all your efforts. 

I am constantly stunned by the detail and effort you put in mapmaking.  Sometimes I don't start the battle for a while as I just enjoy the map.  You come up with some really great surprises for details on your maps.  It is always a treat to see them.

Heinrich505

@Heinrich505

Many QB Maps Come From the Scen Designers and Master Map makers.  Those Maps are highly detailed.  They deserve the credit.  CMFB has a number of QB Maps named for the Scen they came from.  Be sure to give them a wirl... you'll even see a scen of mine as a QB!

Maybe a few facts about how I reuse maps will put veteran QB player's minds at ease.

I did indeed recycle CMBN Maps.  None of them are now the same.  Most do not even slightly resemble their CMBN birth.  Elevation, terrain features, Buildings, you name it, are altered. So are Objectives and setup areas. Even with all that I started by using less then 60 CMBN Maps.  And of those perhaps a dozen that were of my own creation that have never been in a title or module.  The actual total of CMFB QB maps is 160 (as of today)

Providing duplicate maps is not my plan.  Providing as many unique and playable maps is.  While I may not always succeed, please know I always try.

Sounds great Mark. I hope my comments do not cast a shadow on your hard work: your maps are great, and the reason I keep playing QB's is because the maps are so good, they can be played on again and again with different results and experiences each time.

If you are making map changes (elevations, terrain, building, ect.) then thats great - even though the map will look familiar, it will play very differently.

Glad to hear adding new maps is your goal. We appreciate the hard work and look forward to seeing the next iteration of Mark's QB experienceTM!

Thanks

Chad