Rundstedt Sends His Best - a CMFB Comic AAR

Thanks, Baneman. :)

Seems I have made Lt. Lawrence too much a narrator, eh?

Not a bad thing, we were building up a good picture of his character ...as he blathered on and on about why he did things. A real by-the-book type, lol.
As a seat-of-the-pants commander, I explain nothing ( well, very little
:P )

Not a bad thing, we were building up a good picture of his character ...as he blathered on and on about why he did things. A real by-the-book type, lol.As a seat-of-the-pants commander, I explain nothing ( well, very little :P )

It really hearkens to when I did Battle of La Ferme Dupont, where Lt. Warner and two others would explain things that may not be obvious to the reader, or explain what they are trying to do. What I definitely don't want to do is having any of these people I gave faces to simply repeat what you already know. If that's happening I'll have to watch for it more closely. 

Didn't want to come across as criticising your comic style, just thought it was amusing how you can build up a picture of a character just from the way he's presented.

Can just imagine his men, "Pity about the lootenant, but he did go on and on..."

"Yeah, hope the next guy just tells the Sarge 'secure the area' and lets us get on with it ..."

:lol:

Didn't want to come across as criticising your comic style, just thought it was amusing how you can build up a picture of a character just from the way he's presented.

Can just imagine his men, "Pity about the lootenant, but he did go on and on..."

"Yeah, hope the next guy just tells the Sarge 'secure the area' and lets us get on with it ..."

:lol:

No, please don't think I'm offended. Just get back to attacking! :P

I think the difference between La Ferme and here is that LT Lawrence is so obviously losing and Leutnant Warner seemed to generally be doing well or holding his own. It was a steady battle. So, seeing LT Lawrence talking while his men are getting plastered is a bit disconcerting. Where is he? Having coffee and talking to some nurse at the aid station?

This isn't scripted but maybe Lawrence should have been named as 1LT D.E. BACLE? :D

I think the difference between La Ferme and here is that LT Lawrence is so obviously losing and Leutnant Warner seemed to generally be doing well or holding his own. It was a steady battle. So, seeing LT Lawrence talking while his men are getting plastered is a bit disconcerting. Where is he? Having coffee and talking to some nurse at the aid station?

This isn't scripted but maybe Lawrence should have been named as 1LT D.E. BACLE? :D

Losing? Losing??? I have Ian exactly where I want him! :P

Lt. Lawrence is....er...was...a cool customer. He could handle the battle and still tell you what's happening. Someone's gotta do it! :D

This storyline seems to me to match up better if it WAS back in 16 December 44 for the initial shock of the Bulge.

But this is January, 1945 in the comic, right? The war will be over by Valentine's Day, get out of the tank with no sprocket and head to the rear son!

Hopefully butterbar will just am-scray back to the Sulaco and Nuke the entire site from orbit--it’s the only way to be sure

This storyline seems to me to match up better if it WAS back in 16 December 44 for the initial shock of the Bulge.

But this is January, 1945 in the comic, right? The war will be over by Valentine's Day, get out of the tank with no sprocket and head to the rear son!

Hopefully butterbar will just am-scray back to the Sulaco and Nuke the entire site from orbit--it’s the only way to be sure

Well, the 26th Infantry Division (and others) did run into trouble in early January. 

Just wondering if the crater from the 380mm rocket is as big like that? :blink:

http://community.battlefront.com/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-43498-0-44854200-1426337110.jpg

I would not expect it. The whole shell is well under 400kg. So, the crater is unlikely to be bigger than a 750lb bomb. The crater you showed looked like something from a 2000lb bomb or naval shell fired from a battleship. 

Fantastic work, Bud!

Thank you very much for doing this series. I'm enjoying it immensely. -A truly masterful job, you're doing.

Thoughts and prayers for the best possible outcome for your wife's surgery and recovery.

Macisle, have you played RO (Red Orchestra-Steam) ?...That name looks familiar there (of course, it could be someone different with same name), but it's been awhile since I played it. 

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Bud,

Here are hopes and prayers for your wife.  Of course this would happen during the holidays when things should be happy.  We all wish the best for the two of you.

Thanks so much for the time you've devoted to this CAAR.  It is truly amazing!!!  B)  I was behind on the post due to working this past weekend and was so pleased to see all the panels you put together when I got to the forum this AM.  It was a neat surprise.  Your narrative and story line are drawing us right in.  The screen shots are very atmospheric.

Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505 

Bud,

Here are hopes and prayers for your wife.  Of course this would happen during the holidays when things should be happy.  We all wish the best for the two of you.

Thanks so much for the time you've devoted to this CAAR.  It is truly amazing!!!  B)  I was behind on the post due to working this past weekend and was so pleased to see all the panels you put together when I got to the forum this AM.  It was a neat surprise.  Your narrative and story line are drawing us right in.  The screen shots are very atmospheric.

Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505 

Thanks, Heinrich, your kind thoughts are appreciated by us both. The holidays are appropriate; having her well is the biggest gift I could ever receive. :)

Atmosphere is something that all Battle of the Bulge fans will find galore here. Snow, trucks up to their axles, some amazing new kit, and a bit of imagination...how perfect, I think. ;)

It is a lot of work, but it's worthwhile when I read all your comments! :D

1. All the best to your wife.
  2. How are you planning to cope with the Sturmtiger?
  • - Dropping an atomic bomb (If you can wait till July 1945...)
  • - Bribing the crew (If you can wait till the Engine 4.0. Maybe Battlefront will add this feature...)
  • - Other...

1. Thank you. :)

2. I'll take "other" for 200, Alex. ;)

More Bad Kitty news coming! I've discovered stuff about this thing and I can't wait to share!