Rundstedt Sends His Best - a CMFB Comic AAR

Can't wait for the Christmas eve edition ... carols ... eggnog ... exchanging M1 magazines ... 24 hour cease fire .... except for the annual snow ball fight. :D

Kevin

Haha! If I could put Christmas lights in the trees...you know I would... ;)

Edited by Bud_B

Now Xmas is getting closer..... :)

ok, what do I see and what do I think it is, or will be.....

New Trees, or foliage bitmaps and possibly more variable sizes. :)
The deciduous trees are hard to judge. Obviously leaf less, but I would thin out small branches some more.
The same (snowy) ploughed field tiles, leading to ugly distortion effects. Kieme, Aris...a job for you! ;)
New independent building textures, but most likely no new geometries. At least I seem to notice none.
Lit windows at night time. Just a texture FX and no new light source I guess. Possibly an option in the map editor. (I reread the previous page. :D )
Possible precipitation changes during course of a scenario, but most likely no ground tile changes (snow accumulation).
New flavor objects.
The Grease gun has received some wider distribution.

And the obvious uniform, ground tile and vehicle textures off course.

Edited by RockinHarry

Possible precipitation changes during course of a scenario

If you mean going from no snow to deep snow in the course of a battle, that won't happen. It's one of the reasons I mention the weather changing on January 7th, whereas the battle itself takes place on the 8th. :)

See the next panels ;)

If you mean going from no snow to deep snow in the course of a battle, that won't happen. It's one of the reasons I mention the weather changing on January 7th, whereas the battle itself takes place on the 8th. :)

See the next panels ;)

No, I actually just meant change from rain to light snow falling, or light to heavy, or any precipitation (animations) stopped. No ground (tile) changes. That was made clear in the past, that it won´t happen, but it wasn´t on my wish list anyway. :)

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, I like the comic style presentation of yours. :) 

Edited by RockinHarry

No, I actually just meant change from rain to light snow falling, or light to heavy, or any precipitation (animations) stopped. No ground (tile) changes. That was made clear in the past, that it won´t happen, but it wasn´t on my wish list anyway. :)

That you bring it up says a lot about just how immersive this game really is - it can feel incredibly real and we always want just that bit more. :)  I think those desires are a good thing. Thank you. 

Oh that looks like my que to leave see you all in the other threads - once they start appearing.

Thanks, Ian! 

What many folks don't know is that while this is a comic, and so a lot of effort is made to make it look a particularly way, the battle is real. Ian knows nothing about my forces, plans and so on. So please don't share anything with him!