CM Final Blitzkrieg - ALLIED (Defense) BETA Battle Report

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bil. Lurker here raising my head.

It looks like the JT has a hull down position. Is that true? Though it also seems large enough that a good portion of its upper body is still visible to attacks.

Also from your animated gif, it looks like one of your tanks took a shot at it on the move and missed. Which one was that, and how close were you to the JT?

Do you have anything that can penetrate at current ranges? From what I've read, even its side armor is respectable. How close would you need to be to do that?

Also, did the other tank next to the one that got hit stop moving in reverse due to the explosion of his buddy? Is it's morale so hammered that you aren't able to move it? What do you think the chances of that one on getting out alive?

Great work on the AAR. I'm loving it.

Reload: in my tests the JT (veteran crew) reloads in about 14 seconds.. which should mean it should have  around in the chamber at turn start... next few turns should be fun!!  :) 

That seems very fast, i remember on Chris' Youtube demo of the JT it seemed painfully slow to reload.  Maybe experience is a factor or the time has changed in the game for the JT to reload since the clip was made, but i would still expect it to be longer than that!

If this is as fast as 14 secs you are right to pull back, however if it is longer i would say charge, now you know he cannot fire back and flank him.

Edited by Placebo

That seems very fast, i remember on Chris' Youtube demo of the JT it seemed painfully slow to reload.  Maybe experience is a factor or the time has changed in the game for the JT to reload since the clip was made, but i would still expect it to be longer than that!

I think that was the Sturmtiger in that video, not the JT.

I don't own or play this game. Just happened to stumble upon it. Opened an account to be able to follow and partake in the enjoyment.  Great AAR.

Mat

Buy it (or any of them) you will really enjoy it once you get the hang of the UI.

Try the Demo first.

It is a superb game system. (IMO)

I don't own or play this game. Just happened to stumble upon it. Opened an account to be able to follow and partake in the enjoyment.  Great AAR.

Mat

Welcome to the forums. Holien is right, if you're interested are peeked at the AAR then you should definitely try one of the demos. CM - Final Blitzkrieg won't be out until later this month and the demo probably wont be out until well after that. However, CMBN and other Combat Mission titles have demos.

Mat

What a lucky "stumble" into the right place. Game series is awesome and gets better with time. Quite steep learning curve if you don't have much knowledge about equipment and proper tactics and you usually have to learn it the hard way (your troops die violently). But stay patient and have a go at it again. Also know that there are mods out there to improve the look of the game if you so wish.

Just FYI about the demos the CMBN demo is the oldest and still based on the original release. For a better indication of what the game is like I recommend that you try the CMRT demo for WW2 titles.

+1!

I think, for the WWII titles, CMRT is the only demo that uses the current engine. Both of the others are outdated with CMBN being very outdated.

Edited by Macisle

I believe in RL the Jagdtiger should have an average ROF of 2 rounds per minute, and the Sturmtiger average ROF of 1 round per 10-15 minutes.

Yes i jst re-watched the video, the JT took the best part of 30 secs between shots so 2 round per min looks about right.  (This is painfully slow to me, especially when you have a target there right in your sights)!!  The 10 - 15 mins is just unbelieveable some of my battles do not last that long :)

Edited by Placebo

Yes i jst re-watched the video, the JT took the best part of 30 secs between shots so 2 round per min looks about right.  (This is painfully slow to me, especially when you have a target there right in your sights)!!  The 10 - 15 mins is just unbelieveable some of my battles do not last that long :)

I have personally tested the SturmTiger's reload time. It is approx 2 min 10 seconds. 

Now, back on topic or Bil will think this is some Tiger-variant grog thread! :D

Am I seeing things right: there is a Hellcat that was near the one that got killed - can it get LOS on the JT's flanks without a lot of forward movement which might risk it being exposed to something else?

Edited by Bud_B

Whatever the mad decisions of the germans were to build something like the Sturm- and Jagdtiger, principally they were meant to engage at large range with maximum killing power. The Jtiger can kill almost anything at ranges upto 3-4 km, so reload times wouldn´t that much matter if at large ranges it has a number of opportunities to hit and kill something, before beeing required to retreat. A single unprotected Jagdtiger opposing a number of enemy armor at just a few hundred meters is doomed. IIRC the Sturmtiger was intended to be used more in close range urban combat, like its "little" brother the 15cm Brummbar.

Erm...back on topic. :D

TURN 24 (1:07-1:06)

HELLCAT RIDGE:  This one was my fault..  I plotted a covered route to try to get a flank shot on the JT, but failed obviously to account for the height advantage that thing has... he spotted my final Hellcat and quickly dispatched it with one round.  I will tell you this, the JT if handled well, as Baneman is doing is a real bitch.  I have a new plan for dealing with this monster.. see below...

So, I lose all five Hellcats with little really to show for it... one Sdkfz 251/3, and the Sdkfz 251/17.  Panther-2 was taken out by my Jumbo, so doesn't count.. 

Turn%2B24-Final%2BHellcat.PNG

TEAM PAIN - JUMBO:  The Jumbo, which took several shots at the JT, all were to miss, was also hit by the beast as it withdrew into the woodline... luckily this round was high and only took out the external MG.  The Jumbo's commander fell as a casualty to MG fire from the JT seconds before... this thing is causing me fits.  

New Plan.. RUN AWAY!!!  

Turn%2B24-JgdTiger%2BFires.PNG

Turn%2B24-Jumbo-PAIN.PNG

A lone German scout watches the action on Hellcat ridge... note the building smoke in front of team Pain's Shermans.

Turn%2B24-Long%2BScout.PNG

TEAM PUNISHMENT:  Finally uncovered a third Panther!  There was indeed another Panther, at least one, supporting the assault on Cobru - I labelled this panzer Panther-3.  Note: I only show it in relation to Team Punishment's Shermans to show their orientation, Panther-3 was spotted by a withdrawing scout team. 

Turn%2B24-Panther-3.PNG

A beautiful panorama, Team Punishment pushes into the center:

Turn%2B24-Panorama.png

Edited by Bil Hardenberger