Kohlenklau in Hospital

BFC, if this is against policy, then of course remove this thread.

I asked Kohlenklau/Phil if he'd like me to post this message because, frankly, he does so much for the CM community in the form of modding, making campaigns for us to enjoy, and in general, is a great cheerleader for the game. He gave me the OK.

I wanted to let the community know that Kohlenklau is in the hospital after having a heart attack and bypass surgery.  I just got off the phone to him, and his spirits are good (but he's sore, of course.  As he put it, he feels like he took an 88 to the chest!), and should be back home this weekend. It was a big surprise for him, since he's otherwise healthy, relatively young (from my perspective. lol),  works out and doesn't smoke.  But those factors should help him have a speedy recovery. 

If you want to contact him and wish him well, please send him a PM.

So Phil, if you read this, enough with relaxing in the hospital! Get back home ASAP.  You have a Bulge Campaign to start planning for, and a CMRT winter mod to get cracking on!  

All the best wishes, Buddy!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to read about your heart attack, Kohlenklau. Boy do I know what that is like. Thirteen years ago at age 47 I was hit with a big one that knocked out 1/3 of my heart for good. Hope you avoided that kind of blow. Take it steady, take it easy, and God be with you.

Edit: Yes, I also was denied sending Kohlenklau a PM, with the same message Pak40 received. Anyway..;.

Kohlenklau -- I've been on this board for many years now, mostly a lurker and casual gamer (53 years old, two kids preparing for college, job with heavy travel...). I read these forums alot, and love them! 

I really enjoy your new campaigns, and have GREAT RESPECT for all you do to keep the CM games at the cutting edge of wargaming excellence. 

Really sorry to hear about your heart attack and surgery. GET WELL SOON!! 

All of us here in the CM community are thinking about you, and sending lots of positive vibes your way for a speedy recovery. We need you back on the forums NOW!!

Be good, take care of yourself.

Edited by PanzerMiller

I've only played 1 game against him so far; fun banter, challenging tactics, absolute gentleman.  Get well soon, stay well, keep calm and concentrate on those YOU love.

OTOH I hear some gentle exercise and mental stimulation improves recovery - such as computer gaming (I hear there's a game called Combat Mission you might want to try)

Well, of course I'll add my well wishes, but I do have to point out how much this will benefit the rest of us... With Phil/Kohlenklau laid up recovering, that means the only thing he'll have time/energy/ability is to CREATE MORE CM GOODNESS!!! Win-win!  :)

Hoping that made you laugh. Not hard enough to rupture the sutures, but enough to make it hurt. ;)

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Ken

BFC, if this is against policy, then of course remove this thread.

I asked Kohlenklau/Phil if he'd like me to post this message because, frankly, he does so much for the CM community in the form of modding, making campaigns for us to enjoy, and in general, is a great cheerleader for the game. He gave me the OK.

I wanted to let the community know that Kohlenklau is in the hospital after having a heart attack and bypass surgery.  I just got off the phone to him, and his spirits are good (but he's sore, of course.  As he put it, he feels like he took an 88 to the chest!), and should be back home this weekend. It was a big surprise for him, since he's otherwise healthy, relatively young (from my perspective. lol),  works out and doesn't smoke.  But those factors should help him have a speedy recovery. 

If you want to contact him and wish him well, please send him a PM.

So Phil, if you read this, enough with relaxing in the hospital! Get back home ASAP.  You have a Bulge Campaign to start planning for, and a CMRT winter mod to get cracking on!  

All the best wishes, Buddy!

Thanks for letting us know mjkerner

Kohlenklau/Phil,

Thank you for all you created and shared with us.

Great to hear you are on the mend. Enjoy all the great experiences ahead ... the fun and the delights that life has to offer! 

These great experiences ahead are richer after challenges we prevail in.

?

Buzz