CMRT WInter Mod thinktank

Ok, I think I installed everything correctly. Wow, what a lot of files!

One thing that I wonder if anyone else encountered and knows a fix for: when I load Kevinkin's QB hybrid maps in the editor, and do a 3D preview, CMRT crashes to desktop before I get to see the map. CMRT never crashes on me so I thought this was odd and perhaps there is something obvious I should have done that I didn't?

@Bud_B          I have the winter QB enabled but it is by doing a 2nd install with its own separate mod folder which you fill with snow modded terrain and vehicles but without a [snow] modtag. The game sees them as default regular and displays them for all QB usage. It IS the bee's knees. A reorganization to do this takes maybe 10 minutes max. <<gently twisting arm!>>

Maybe kevin installed a special anti-tamper subroutine to protect his patented hybrid QB from editing? :D

Hi guys. I do hold patents but on not of  algorithms. The maps should display fine in the editor. I will test again. Maybe I should re-save and re-post those two hybrids.

Bud ... which map ... does it play OK and only crash in the editor ... I do not have the QB work around yet .... maybe its related to that. But that would be odd. Phil do you have the same issue with those maps? Off for coffee and a test ...

Kevin

Edited by kevinkin

They are standard battles placed in the scenario folder and used and played as standard scenarios. They use much of the all ready prepared QB maps and AI plans but the OOBs are pre-selected. So they are hybrid in that they are custom battles but use QB maps (not set up via QB system).  The files I have display OK so Bud's observation is a mystery right now.

Kevin 

They are standard battles placed in the scenario folder and used and played as standard scenarios. They use much of the all ready prepared QB maps and AI plans but the OOBs are pre-selected. So they are hybrid in that they are custom battles but use QB maps (not set up via QB system).  The files I have display OK so Bud's observation is a mystery right now.

Kevin 

That might be it.  I Thought they were to be put in the QB folder. I'll move them and see. :)

Bud,

I put the Winter Hybrid battles in my RT scenario folder, and they pulled up in my RT Winter Mod just fine.  I played out the armor version and it was nice. 

If you "winterize" scenarios in the editor, sometimes the winter mods you've just downloaded don't appear.  I had this problem with one scenario that I loaded in the editor, then tagged for winter, and saved with a different file name.  One of the mods, the GAZ MM truck, didn't load right and was only showing snowy tires.  Kohl suggested that I needed to change the weather setting to frozen or cold to make the mod appear correctly.  That worked.

These winter battles are pretty slick.  A whole different immersion.

Heinrich505

I put theOne of the mods, the GAZ MM truck, didn't load right and was only showing snowy tires.  Kohl suggested that I needed to change the weather setting to frozen or cold to make the mod appear correctly.  That worked.

That's intended behavior of GAZ MM :).

It has [snow] just tracks and light snow, and [snow muddy] heavily winterized version.

And if you always want look of the [snow muddy] version than change tag of those textures to just [snow] and they will always load regardless of weather conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I see You have experience with snowy conditions and are welcomed to make any additions to Winter Mod :)

I am. :)

I am currently working on translating my CMFI snow mods to CMRT. These are:

• All the Pz IV´s
  • All the spw 251's
  • All the spw 250's.
  • SdKfz 7
  • All the Tiger I's
  • German uniforms

As you may know, my mods are not winterized vehicles or uniforms, but merely normal equipment sprinkled with a bit of snow - like your SU-122. My vehicle mods are all using Aris' mods as the base layer.

BTW: I'm really impressed with the layout of your preview pics. They look just like pictures on the scale model kit boxes (do you have a template I could use?).

Here's a preview:

CM_Red_Thunder_2016_02_04_10_26_09_26.jp
host image online

Edited by umlaut

I am. :)

I am currently working on translating my CMFI snow mods to CMRT. These are:

• All the Pz IV´s
  • All the spw 251's
  • All the spw 250's.
  • SdKfz 7
  • All the Tiger I's
  • German uniforms

As you may know, my mods are not winterized vehicles or uniforms, but merely normal equipment sprinkled with a bit of snow - like your SU-122. My vehicle mods are all using Aris' mods as the base layer.

BTW: I'm really impressed with the layout of your preview pics. They look just like pictures on the scale model kit boxes (do you have a template I could use?).

Great news for CMRT Winter Mod :)

I thinks it's excellent to have variety and at the same time whitewashed and snow covered, "default" camo vehicles, on the battlefield. Those numerous 250's and 251's versions are missing anyway. Don't know about the tags. For example we have whitewashed Tiger I mid and then it's good to have snowy covered Tiger I early?

I'll send You PSD templates. For pictures please try War Movie ADVANCED Winter Mod shaders - screenshots are unedited. ;)

Thanks guys.

I  will probably not be making any new snow mods for the time being. As you know it is a very time consuming process, and I really dont think I can find the time for it. Especially not, once CMFB has been released ;)

So I'll concentrate on translating - and updating - the snow mods I have already made for CMFI.

Phil: I am not entirely sure I understand what your [frosty] idea is about? Has it got something to do with there being different verisions of the same vehicles? If so, I still prefer to keep the mod tag [snow] on my vehicles - and then let players themselves decide which ones they are going to use. I think adding yet another mod tag to a map/scenario will lead to way too much confusion. There's plenty of that regarding mod tags already, I think.

BTW; I couldn't resist trying to make a quick snow version for the rubble on one of my factory_mods maps. I think it looks quite cool (pun intended):

CM_Red_Thunder_2016_02_04_16_26_06_67.jp
picture share