Kingtiger Mantlet and Coax MG problem, and an attempted 3D model Fix

Skwabie

Common Myles, Skwabie found a small bug and made the game better. I respect him for that.

Skwabie gets credit for finding a minor and very narrow flaw, and he's been given that credit by us more times than I can count.  As well as our thanks too. 

I think both parties (skwabie and BFC) could have handled things differently.

You're right!  Skwabie could have done things differently, for example saying "hey, you found the actual problem and you're going to fix it!  Great!" as soon as we said that we did and we would (already have, in fact).  Of course I could also have handled it differently by saying "we don't care, stop pestering us with your posts, I'm going to ban you for speaking up, and we're never going to improve the game because We Are The Man!  muh-hah-hah-hah!"

:D

It's pretty obvious to me, and others, that Skwabie was more interested in pushing an agenda to have the game guts opened up than he was having the problem fixed.  He tried to use this example of the King Tiger (H) imperfection to show why Battlefront can not be trusted to be the "gate keeper" of game data.  The irony is that as the discussion went on he provided more support to the argument why Battlefront SHOULD be the "gate keeper".  When that became clear he chose to flame out in a rather spectacular way instead of saving face any number of different ways.  Nobody forced him to keep digging his hole deeper and nobody forced him to flame out.  I have to say this isn't the first time in 18 years of managing this Forum that I've seen this sort of flameout happen, but it might be the most unnecessary and unexpected one I've seen to date.

Considering that the original purpose of this thread has been satisfied (the KT fix is in CMBN v3.12, coming soon, and will be in a future patch for CMRT) and Skwabie isn't here any more (even though it is at his request) I think the right thing to do is close this thread.

Steve

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic