Maybe it's me but...

sonar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...says the guy who brought up GTOS, when he previously said he wouldn't bring up GTOS in such discussions.

Yeah and the other point was this was a thread about infantry tactics.  The constant flip flop of what is a "shortcoming" in CM compared to the overall lack of control over infantry in that series was just one more example of his real agenda.  Pointing out that disconnect was just part of showing what his real motivations were and none of it was about contributing to the original OP.

While I don't entirely agree with Sonar's original post, there is some merit in it.  Even Steve has said he wants to add some capabilities to the game. For example having an AT team be able to manage around corners without having to run into the middle of the street to fire.  Those types of behavior though are I expect difficult to pull off and have issues when it come to the AI handling them.  It weights the game even more heavily to the human player. That is always a constraint to some degree in the game.  BF has stated that most of the community is single payer only.  Spending that kind of effort for a limited spectrum of the community is not typically for them going to be at the top of the priority list.  Where they draw the line is a difficult item.  There are most certainly capabilities the player has that the AI just won't use - smoke for example.  At a minimum Sonar is at least posting honestly as a player who simply wants more, not as a detractor who just wants to create turmoil.

Well enough of Wiggum.  Good riddance, time to move on to some genuine discussions.

Edited by sburke