Maybe it's me but...

sonar

Infantry combat is the biggest issue of the engine currently.

An easy fix could be some tweaking in the suppression/spotting/lethality department + the introduction of formations. Sadly BFC is not interested in getting a better infantry simulation at the moment. 

It is interesting that you promote AP games which have no infantry even close to comparable to CMx2 and yet complain about CMx2.... How come AP gets a pass on that?  Could it be that you are just trolling... again.  Wiggum.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting that you promote AP games which have no infantry even close to comparable to CMx2 and yet complain about CMx2.... How come AP gets a pass on that?  Could it be that you are just trolling... again.  Wiggum.

GTOS has advanced infantry options CMx2 can only dream about + does not focus on micro managing your infantry, stop spreading lies.

Also i am also demanding a better modelling of infantry combat in the GTOS forums.

Sorry, double post, hate the new forum system...

@ sburke

GTOS has advanced infantry options CMx2 can only dream about + does not focus on micro managing your infantry, stop spreading lies.

Also i am also demanding a better modelling of infantry combat in the GTOS forums.

I like APOS but it does not have the infantry depth of CM2, the infantry can have SOP's applied to them but how they carry it out is a little too random and unpredictable for my taste, especially in a real time only setting. Both games should not be compared as heavily as you are trying to do.

GTOS has formations, SOP's...GTOS is not about micro-managing infantry like CMx2 !

Try do that in CMx2... intentionally...

I choose a formation (Line) and stealth behavior and let them move towards the enemy using a depression in the terrain.

Oh, did you notice the NV feature ? Wouldn't that be nice to have in CMBS ?

2015-07-13_00004.jpg

Edited by Odball15

pshaw. go away.  AP has features built in BECAUSE IT CAN"T do what CM does.  That doesn't make it better, it makes it different.  And for most folks who want to be able to actually do combat maneuvers versus the AI simulating them - CM is the game to go.  And it does PBEM as well . ohh yeah that little feature is lacking in your favorite game.  how sad.

Wiggum

Edited by sburke

GTOS is not less capable, it has a other focus (NO MICRO MANAGEMENT) why cant you understand that ?

Where is your NV view in CMx2 ?

Wehre are your SOP's and formations ?

Where is your "use road" command for vehicles ?

Stop telling lies !

NV view- Why is this necessary other than being something "nice" to look at?

SOP's and formations- Formations would be nice, but the nice thing about CM is the micromanaging! You are the battalion commander at the same time as being the NCO in the rifle squad at the front.

Road Command- Would be nice I guess for multiple vehicles, but again I can just do this by plotting movement points on a freaking road.

You are getting way too silly now.

Edit: One thing I do agree on though is that these kinds of options would be nice for large scale battles, especially for people who like me who would like to play them but micromanaging each individual squad is incredibly overwhelming, maybe there could be a compromise there.

Edited by Raptorx7

NV view- Why is this necessary other than being something "nice" to look at?

SOP's and formations- Formations would be nice, but the nice thing about CM is the micromanaging! You are the battalion commander at the same time as being the NCO in the rifle squad at the front.

Road Command- Would be nice I guess for multiple vehicles, but again I can just do this by plotting movement points on a freaking road.

You are getting way too silly now.

NV ?

Because it gives Night combat a realistic feel and adds to the immersion ?

Yeah, plotting multiple movement points on a road and then your vehicle still drives in a stupid way around into a field...

Looks like sburke just cant handle the fact that a game like GTOS exists and is available on Steam for 4$....how sad.

LOL i can handle it and the fact I won't be bothered for even $4 shows what I think of it.  Nothing against those guys, I really do wish them all the luck and success in the world.  There is room in this industry for more than one tactical game company.  I just prefer the decisions BF has made over the ones they have made.  My choice as a consumer.  And I don't go over there spamming their forum with all the things I want that are in CM.  That to me is the behavior of a troll and would be disrespectful of them as a developer and to their gaming community.  If I wanted their features, I'd play their game.  I however want CM features so I play this game.  That is called adult behavior.

You just play at being a troll. Wiggum.  And why exactly did you change your forum name?  It isn't like it doesn't show.  All the folks who ignore your posts still show up as ignored, and your cute little Christmas message now show as coming from your new name as do your previous posts.  If you meant to fool anyone you failed miserably.  But I would think you'd be used to that.

Edited by sburke

LOL i can handle it and the fact I won't be bothered for even $4 shows what I think of it.  Nothing against those guys, I really do wish them all the luck and success in the world.  There is room in this industry for more than one tactical game company.  I just prefer the decisions BF has made over the ones they have made.  My choice as a consumer.  And I don't go over there spamming their forum with all the things I want that are in CM.  That too me is the behavior of a troll and would be disrespectful of them as a developer and to their gaming community.  If I wanted their features, I'd play their game.  I however want CM features so I play this game.  That is called adult behavior.

You just play at being a troll. Wiggum.  And why exactly did you change your forum name?  It isn't like it doesn't show.  All the folks who ignore your posts still show up as ignored, and your cute little Christmas message now show as coming from your new name as do your previous posts.  If you meant to fool anyone you failed miserably.  But I would think you'd be used to that.

Yeah, you dont care about GTOS, but i care about CM !