Inaccurate Arty

Topkick

I must either have a run of incompetent FOs or something I'm missing here. Most every call for fire mission I've done uses UAV spotting in commo with a FO, yet my fires are wildly off the mark. "Fire for effect" is called even though the spotting rounds are nowhere near the target, hence my fire missions are not on target. I've fired  "precision" missions where the first round hit in front of the vehicle, second attempt behind the vehicle, no damage either time. I've had fire missions visibly impact off the map, linear smoke missions way off the mark, etc, etc.  What gives? 

Artemis258 and akd,

The Bradley, as originally built (without the gobs of stuff added since, especially various roof devices), was required to be able to function following a 152 mm airburst at a height of 18 meters. This was for both the vehicle proper and the TOW Box Launcher. Given what's been appended to the turret top since, I see no way the M2/M3 Bradley would have real world complete immunity vs at least artillery airburst fire. The turret roof now has what I've learned is a CITV, and the B-FIST also has a big fat LRAS on the side of the turret, and those are just two add-ons I know about. Doubtless, there are other things on the M2/M3 Bradley which also weren't there when the Bradley first underwent the above airburst test.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Strange, perhaps there is something you're not getting quite right. Countless times I thought my observers must be slow only to realise there was something i wasnt considering. Have a look at this thread and perhaps youll spot some trick you weren't aware of  { http://community.battlefront.com/topic/4413-cm-artillery-synopsis-treeburst155/ }

On a side note, how effective (in game) is airburst against light vehicles like Humvees and UAZ? Ive never had the chance to see. I would test it myself but nfortunately my fake life in the real world wont give me time anytime soon.

<Snip> Have a look at this thread and perhaps youll spot some trick you weren't aware of  { http://community.battlefront.com/topic/4413-cm-artillery-synopsis-treeburst155/ }

Just a word of caution.  The above link is to the old CMx1 games and while as a general overview it is interesting many of the actual game mechanics are different in the CMx2 games.