Movement

Hmm. Also no idea why that image duplicated. As far as I understand rain has no impact on movement? Even if it did I would think units should always be able to move at least one square in any direction?

Edited by ChrisHb

Hi Chris

Another big factor is the mountain immediately SE of the infantry unit. As there is no road over it, the cost of crossing it is so much that it isn't possible.

The beauty of this being that it creates bottlenecks which have to be taken, rather than bypassed, as the frontline was around here for most of the war and it was difficult for either side to push the other back.

Bill

Thanks Bill. That makes sense. Hopefully my last question on the game :) I've just taken Truk but I am unable to transfer aircraft from any allied nation to it. Example here. Can you explain why? I assume just something I don't understand? I mean the operate option doesn't allow me to move here.

Capture.thumb.JPG.604b876042ad31065d8e32

Edited by ChrisHb

Hi Chris

That's fine, if you have more questions we'll always do our best to answer them. :)

The problem here is that as the island has only just been taken, the strength of the resource at Truk is only 1, and to be able to operate in an air unit it will have to have repaired to at least 3.

Providing the Japanese don't bomb or shell the port, then that should happen within 2 turns and you'll be able to Operate those Fighters there.

This makes newly landed forces more vulnerable to counter-attack, and is why sometimes you'll have to keep your Carriers nearby until the Fighters can operate there, despite the risks that can entail. :)

Bill

• 1 year later...