[Released] War Movie ADVANCED mode

BarbaricCo

Combat Mission Red Thunder - War Movie ADVANCED mode v1.0

Post processing visual effect shaders for Combat Mission

- This is modified Battlefront CM “War Movie” shader.

- It will replace the Alt-M (Opt-M) mode.

- Because of the modified bump mapping shaders, this version also affect default CM mode.

- Works with CMRT, CMBN, CMFI and CMBS (engine v3.0).

- Little or no performance hit.

- OS X and Windows.

- Experimental stuff.

Please enjoy and post Your best screenshoots/ videos!

Thanks

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/16ps1gmav8ntfd5/Combat Mission - War Movie ADVANCED mode v1.zip?dl=0

1_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

2_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

3_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

4_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

5_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

6_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

7_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

8_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

For more shader modes visit original thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120795-fxshine-shader/

Edited by BarbaricCo
duplicate link

@RockinHarry

it sad GLSL #version 120 which means OpenGL version 2.1. You can try to delete this line in blur shader:  #extension GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 : enable

which means "Targeting GL 2.1, but on GL 3-class hardware (mainly for Mac OSX versions without GL 3.x support)".  Don't ask me about those naming conventions :) ) Maybe it can help. Your graphic card is not that bad. 

next for nVidia is to try, to tweak in bump mapping shaders, this value: shadowValue0 /= 43.0;

If it's too dark or too bright You can play with this settings in blur shader:

// vignetting

change: col *= 0.92 + 0.80*16.0*uv.x*uv.y*(1.0-uv.x)*(1.0-uv.y);

to: col *= 0.82 + 0.80*12.0*uv.x*uv.y*(1.0-uv.x)*(1.0-uv.y); and it will be less bright

Any help?

@RockinHarry

it sad GLSL #version 120 which means OpenGL version 2.1. You can try to delete this line in blur shader:  #extension GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 : enable

which means "Targeting GL 2.1, but on GL 3-class hardware (mainly for Mac OSX versions without GL 3.x support)".  Don't ask me about those naming conventions :) ) Maybe it can help. Your graphic card is not that bad. 

next for nVidia is to try, to tweak in bump mapping shaders, this value: shadowValue0 /= 43.0;

If it's too dark or too bright You can play with this settings in blur shader:

// vignetting

change: col *= 0.92 + 0.80*16.0*uv.x*uv.y*(1.0-uv.x)*(1.0-uv.y);

to: col *= 0.82 + 0.80*12.0*uv.x*uv.y*(1.0-uv.x)*(1.0-uv.y); and it will be less bright

Any help?

Ok, I also appear to remember that CMBN requires at least OGL 3.X, but that was long time ago and it might be I do confuse that with shader version 3.X which is something else. The problems I have with your shader tweaks I think come from differences between computers, OS, drivers and monitor settings, but it´s no problem to tweak those code parts and adapt with my personal settings, that screen results are mostly the same. :)

@RockinHarry please post your shader version and screenshot in CMBN shader mod thread. Probably your settings are more suitable for people with Windows and Nvidia cards.

That´s what I have in my file basically and effect is rather subtle (slightly more contrast and less effect from the bleach overlay filter)

#version 120
#extension GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 : enable

/*const*/ float AvgLumR = 0.5; //avg_luma_vec.r;
/*const*/ float AvgLumG = 0.5; //avg_luma_vec.g;
/*const*/ float AvgLumB = 0.5; //avg_luma_vec.b;

fxaa_color = overlay(fxaa_color, vec3(0.33));
fxaa_color = BrightnessSaturationContrast(fxaa_color, 1.0, 0.95, 1.1);

gl_FragColor *= 1.05;

It´s mainly gl_FragColor set to something like 1.4+, that made your tweaks overly bright for me.

Thanks! :) It then supports my assumption that visual differences from the tweaks come just from different hardware and such for everyone.

I'm just curious how War movie ADVANCED mode look in CMBN as shaders don't work in demo version. Put everything to max (does not have to be smooth gameplay for screenshots) and zip your shaders modifications. Pictures are worth thousands lines of code :). Thanks!

BarbaricCo, hi,

Congratulations :).

Just spotted this and installed it in Black Sea as it happens. Works as advertised. Very clever stuff.

Thanks.

All the best,

Kip.

Thanks Kip.

Are You on PC with Nvidia ot ATI? Also there is a separate thread in CMBS mods so any contribution there with screenshots from different battles (not only from demo) would be awesome.

By the way, Bulge and Ardenes are waiting for us, so does anyone have Gustav line winter scenarios to try how those shader mods work in snowstorm conditions?

• 3 weeks later...