Audgisil

Fresh Install won't launch

I just upgraded to a brand new system (Intel i7 6700k running Windows 10). I installed Fortress Italy with no problems at all. However, I have had no success after multiple attempts to Install CM Battle for Normandy.

Actually everthing installs just fine (using the complete 3.11 version installer), but nothing happens when I click either the "activate modules" shortcut or the executable. Trying to launch them in administrator mode does nothing either.

I have also tried installing to different paths on the hard drive.

Any suggestions?

The activation link I believe will require an Internet connection. If you have a firewall that may block it and prevent it from working.  If  you can, shut off the firewall for the brief time you are doing this and then turn it back on after. 

Let us know if this worked or not. :) 

Edited by Bud_B

No luck. I deactivated Windows Firewall, but no change. I simply can't get the program to launch. Everything else is working normally. Internet connection is fine, etc.

Here's an update on the topic.

It looks like the problem is related to a piece of software that loads on startup called "Nahimic Audio" that came as part of the motherboard from MSI.

After I shut down the firewall (which didn't help), I figured I would reboot and try it again. To my amazement, it worked and I was able to lauch the "activate modules" shortcut. I activated one module and then went to relaunch the program to activate another module. Once again, it wouldn't lauch. On a hunch, I rebooted again and was able to again lauch the activate module program and then quickly checked to see what software was loading into the system try. By the time they all loaded, I couldn't launch Combat Mission anymore. I started going through and shutting them down one by one. With Nahimic turned off, the problem dissappeared and I have my favorite game again.

Hopefully this can help somebody else in the future.

I had a similar problem with my new 6700k setup. Installed Red Thunder, and it worked fine. Installed CMBN, and now I couldn't launch it. Tried Red Thunder, and that wouldn't launch either. After 10 minutes of frustration I tried launching the game through Steam, and it bloody worked. It doesn't make a lick of sense, but I can only launch Combat Mission games through the Steam interface, but that is literally just a different shortcut to the exe.

... Installed Black Sea, can't run it without using Steam.

And solved. It's probably the same software that was blocking me. My ASUS Maximus VIII comes with a piece of software called "Sonic Suite 2", which I bet is a rebrand of the same software your MSI board uses. While Sonic Suite is running, I can only run CMx2 games by adding them as Non-Steam games in the Steam Library. Why that have any effect I have no bloody idea. BFC may want to look into this though, any 6th gen Intel board with a realtek sound device (ie. all of them) will likely have this software installed and encounter a similar problem.

Edited by SgtHatred

Yep, I can also confirm that the latest version of the sound control program Nahimic causes CMBN exe to crash. Has to be launched through Steam. Opened up a ticket for this. Hopefully there is a sound (pun intended) solution for this.