FXShine shader CMBN

BarbaricCo

Hi 

This tweak mod was originaly for CMRT but members reporting that it's work perfectly with CMBT (latest update) so please give it a try!

- this is modified Battlefront “War Movie” shader

- this will replace the opt-M (alt-M) mode

- put the unzipped folder in "z" folder

- works also with CMRT, CMBI and CMBS (latest updates)

- little or no performance hit

- OS X and Windows

- experimental stuff

- please don't edit shader if You don't know what You are doing!

Combat Mission FXShine mod download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49hc7e5cn0lve4d/AADjTuXSsx6l35wtx_4g3mnda?dl=0

Please check original Thread at Red Thunder section for more:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120795-fxshine-shader/

As I don't have CMBN Screenshots are from CMRT unedited but post Your Best Normandy screenshoots so we can replace them!

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine2B.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine2A.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine12.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine1.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine13.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine14.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine16.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine6.jpg

CombatMission_RedThunder_FXShine17.jpg

@massimoFGM could You please post few CMBN screenshots with default settings and with War movie advanced to see what's going on. As far as I tested, it certainly needs little  tweaking for different games and scenarios. In CMFI it is also too bright in midday battles so that's probably also the case with CMBN.

Thanks

@massimoFGM could You please post few CMBN screenshots with default settings and with War movie advanced to see what's going on. As far as I tested, it certainly needs little  tweaking for different games and scenarios. In CMFI it is also too bright in midday battles so that's probably also the case with CMBN.

Here my screenshots, captured images are less intense than I expected.

Try to play the scenario MG Boldness be my brother for a better view

thanks for your effort

CM%20Normandy%202015-10-01%2020-37-58-79 

CM%20Normandy%202015-10-01%2020-38-08-28

• 1 month later...

That's great news BarbaricCo. Your Advanced CMFI version is a must have.

Thanks.

Great stuff, but a quick question. I have one of the graphics cards that makes the shaders turn everything a bright green color. Can I still use these?

Also, your troubleshooting guide made me lol-

"If it doesn't work, delete it" :D

War movie blur shader work even without Alt-R (shaders ON - but that's only for bump mapping shaders which are also edited in War movie ADVANCED shaders) - strange :). But recomended is to have Alt-W (shadows ON) and Alt-R (shaders ON). Thanks

@Bradley I saw one great short video and few marvelous screenshoots  from You. Waiting for more. Thanks!

But before release of War movie ADVANCED shaders for CMBN I have few doubts to share:

3-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-default-CMBN-terrain-sat-106

default CMBN foliage + Aris Panzer (close up)

11-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-sat-106-terrain-desat--8

default CMBN foliage desaturated 10% (You can imagine not desaturated version :) )

10-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-sat-106-desat--20

default CMBN foliage desaturated 20% 

8-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-sat-095

default CMBN foliage+ shaders desaturated 10% + Aris tiger (good foliage but vehicle lacks colors)

5-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-saturation-095

default CMBN foliage + shaders desaturated 10%

6-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-default-terrain-and-vehicles-sat-095

default CMBN foliage + shaders desaturated 10% + stock Stug with adjusted contrast (default vehicle was washed out)

12-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-sat-106-terrain-desat--8

default CMBN foliage desaturated 10% + Aris Panzer (close up)

Note! All screenshots are from CMRT with Normandy textures

You can always try different versions of FXShine and War movie ADVANCED in different games if it suits You more.

Basically if You bring foliage and terrain right You loose vehicles and sky. If You make good foliage shadows You burn vehicles and sky and horizons are in question too. Not to talk about floating world :)

And many players are using totally different terrain and vehicle mods which all must be taken into consideration.

But I will probably go with the route of desaturating foliage (picture No2 + last picture) instead of moding all of the vehicles. It will be reasonable 100Mb packed download.

Edited by BarbaricCo

Thanks.

War movie blur shader work even without Alt-R (shaders ON - but that's only for bump mapping shaders which are also edited in War movie ADVANCED shaders) - strange :). But recomended is to have Alt-W (shadows ON) and Alt-R (shaders ON). Thanks

Turns out I can turn Alt-R on when I'm using the WMA shaders. I'm using the CMFI version with Rambler's trees and bocage and Bil's gridded ground mod.

Here's some pics from an DAR I'm making. The shaders are really the icing on the cake.

pnvw5bU.jpg

SA5Mt5z.jpg

lGSpyu0.jpg

UYtrew6.jpg

@delliejonut Those are dramatic, but it will burn icons and maybe it is not be suitable for longer playing with look from above ground.

You can also try official releases with less vigneting on CMMODS III :

War movie ADVANCED CMRT: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2599#wpfb-file-647

War movie ADVANCED CMBS: http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2691

[Released] War Movie ADVANCED Mode For CM Battle For Normandy

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2747

As there are many different scenery mods, especially for CMBN, it’s impossible to find one “fits them all”. Just grass and grain texture will always probably occupy 50% of Your screen when You play. So, in the end, I must release and work with the default, out of the box CM Normandy textures.

Important:

- Work great with CMBN vanilla terrain and foliage.

- It is recommended to use it with ARIS vehicle mods (they have more contrast which is suitable for this mode and look great anyway :) )

- War movie ADVANCED mode must load last! Put additional “z” letters in front of the mode folder name if needed.

Tips:

If You have additional scenery mods installed (who doesn’t?), You can tweak brightness, saturation and contrast by changing the values in “blur_shader.frag”:

For example, this mode works great with CMRT but change the line at the bottom of the “blur_shader.frag”

gl_FragColor.xyz = BrightnessSaturationContrast(gl_FragColor.xyz, 0.90, 0.96, 1.06);

to

gl_FragColor.xyz = BrightnessSaturationContrast(gl_FragColor.xyz, 0.90, 1.05, 1.06);

Textures in CMBN are much more saturated so we put saturation in CMRT to 1.05 (or whatever You like, with whatever mode/ CM game You have).

unedited screenshoots - War Movie ADVANCED Mode For CM Battle For Normandy

31-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCo

28-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCo

13-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCo

12-Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy-War-movie-ADVANCED-by-BarbaricCoCM vanilla + War movie ADVANCED

Note! Screenshots are from CMRT with default Normandy textures and Aris vehicle mods

@bruce90 & @delliejonut Thanks and post results (daily sunshine scenarios please :) )

@massimoFGM Unfortunately, every game is special, but for example War movie ADVANCED mode for CMBN works great out of the box in CMRT:

2_CMRT_with_Normandy_textures_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode_by_BarbaricCo

4_CMRT_with_Normandy_textures_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode_by_BarbaricCo

stock CMBN textures in CMRT + Aris vehicles + War movie ADVANCED for CMBN ( http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2747 )

For CMFI my best bet is still FXShine 2.03 ( http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=2586 )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

here's mine but i think im still the old one because it's bit different with yours besides i use Reshade fx too, so this shots were taken using Fx Shine + Reshade Fx
Love it !! the shine reflect more visible and feels a bit like warthunder  :D

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-20-31_zp

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-49-19%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-19-44%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-46-25%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-48-08%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-44-00%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-43-01%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-32-03%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-31-58_zp

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-32-39%20

CM%20Normandy%202015-12-25%2021-20-20%20