Supply routes

Hi folks, a bit late to comment I know but maybe an improvement for future games. I'm enjoying the game but it seems to suffer from the superstack problem that many wargames have (for naval combat at least). I moved every single allied ship to the northern coast of Australia and managed to inflict a huge defeat on the Japanese - sinking three of their carriers and many other ships. This seems a pretty unrealistic tactic for logistical reasons + it would leave all the allied shipping routes open to attack. This seems a pretty weak point of the game - I don't even have any convoy routes to protect at the moment (surely there should be one from the USA to Australia - and maybe another along the Indian coast). I think the game would be improved by just totalling the ratio of naval vessels in four or five zones and using this to calculate a supply modifier for units. A single enemy submarine unit (which must represent quite a few subs) in a region with no allied naval ships could cause a large supply drop so you wouldn't be so keen on denuding the region of all naval units. But I'm still new to the game so maybe there are factors I don't yet fully understand. A great game though.

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...