why is the game so expensive

remyb1998

If you're paying a monthly fee, you really haven't bought the thing, have you? That's renting.

True enough. Of course, that is how effectively all software works these days, one way or another. Some require a monthly fee, some are 1 time payments on software with limited activations.

Just gotta make sure the pointless complainers feel that they can have their say.  Because if I don't let them air their endless complaints at least to some degree they will then say we do not allow discussion that is critical of us, our games, or anything else that they have a chip on their shoulder about.  Hmm... come to think of it, they say that no matter what since that's the laziest way to view a debate you got your butt kicked in :D

With that said, I do think that concludes this year's Festivus Airing Of The Grievances.  Time to move on and that means locking this thread.

Steve

True enough. Of course, that is how effectively all software works these days, one way or another. Some require a monthly fee, some are 1 time payments on software with limited activations.

Oh, I just saw this and the tired and well trodden Steam stuff.

Let's just assume those of us who make games, sell them for a living, and have been doing it pretty much longer than anybody else on the Internet (not just games) probably are aware of the options.  And that we do base our decisions on sound information and not what Joe Average Customer thinks he knows about stuff he doesn't know much about.  Which is no doubt why Joe Average Customer can sometimes be quite confused by what we do and do not do. 

Just saying that should be entertained as a possibility. Sadly, we have not found explaining things, even slowly and small words, helps some people understand better why we don't agree with their uninformed concepts of how we should run our business.  Which is why I am not going to get stuck in yet another Steam discussion.

Steve

Edited by Battlefront.com