SLIM vs Ithikial DAR (Ithikial Stay Out!)

<Snip> I'm 95% sure that Sherman is his last tank. If it goes down, or I kill it, I'll have a massive advantage. <Snip>

I'm going to laugh if he has one crummy tank in reserve somewhere :)

So the two Sherman tanks in the latest video......................... those must be two additional Shermans not counting the one stuck on the railroad tracks???

Stop laughing Bulletpoint ....... :P

Ninjae'd by SLIM. 

I'm going to laugh if he has one crummy tank in reserve somewhere :)

Crummy (i.e. standard Shermans) aren't really a worry any more, if SLIM is relatively careful and keeps his nose pointed at likely sites for that tank. Panther and JPzIV front armour is a tough proposition for low velocity guns...

Crummy (i.e. standard Shermans) aren't really a worry any more, if SLIM is relatively careful and keeps his nose pointed at likely sites for that tank. Panther and JPzIV front armour is a tough proposition for low velocity guns...

I was imagining a situation in which SLIM would charge recklessly across the bridge with his tanks, believing them to be totally safe, and then one of those meek standard Shermans poking out from cover on a flank somewhere, for side armour shots. The Panther side armour should be defeatable, not sure about the JPzIV

Ithikial just told me he's suffering from the Missing Tank Commander bug, all of his Fireflies don't have a TC.

Does anyone know of that's a bug or a feature, and whether or not it's been fixed?

I could have sworn that issue was addressed ages ago...

I'll have another turn posted either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Slim has this.

Knock on wood Doug. To be honest, we've reached the critical point of this battle, even the next 60 seconds could change the whole thing.

There have been no patches released for CMBN since this issue was reported in December.

It also affects Commonwealth Stuarts and Crusader AA vehicles.

In QBs you can work around it by purchasing formations since it only affects vehicles chosen from the Individual Vehicles list.

Edited by Vanir Ausf B

There have been no patches released for CMBN since this issue was reported in December.

It also affects Commonwealth Stuarts and Crusader AA vehicles.

In QBs you can work around it by purchasing formations since it only affects vehicles chosen from the Individual Vehicles list.

Okay, thanks Vanir.

Slim - Thanks for taking the time to put this together as I really enjoy watching two skilled players going at it.  I really like the counter-attack strategy at the road bridge but have a couple of questions:

1. Why commit the troops without using your panther to soften up the remaining Ami infantry first?  I figure a couple of turns lobbing HE at the tree lines would give your pixeltruppen more of a chance of getting across the bridge without taking too many casualties. 
  2. It looks like there is a spot down by the crossroad in front of the bridge where your Panther could provide great support for the village fight and your troops crossing the bridge.  Am I seeing it right?  BTW, I would really hate to be in that village right now.  Way too much led flying around for my comfort.

What are the chances that in real life that ATG would get away from your troops and come crashing down the hill in to the road?  It would be funny as heck if gravity was modeled in to the game to that degree.  Perhaps a feature for CM4.

Thanks again and out.

- Hobo

1. Why commit the troops without using your panther to soften up the remaining Ami infantry first?  I figure a couple of turns lobbing HE at the tree lines would give your pixeltruppen more of a chance of getting across the bridge without taking too many casualties. 
  2. It looks like there is a spot down by the crossroad in front of the bridge where your Panther could provide great support for the village fight and your troops crossing the bridge.  Am I seeing it right?  BTW, I would really hate to be in that village right now.  Way too much led flying around for my comfort.

1. My Panther's current job is not to support the Road Bridge attack, it's to hunt down and destroy enemy tanks. All other considerations are secondary to that objective.

2. The position at the crossroad does not have LOS into the town, and I agree, I managed to catch Ithikial's troops in the town before they could get completely situated, and the superior firepower of my Panzergrenadiers has managed to give him a bloody nose.

What are the chances that in real life that ATG would get away from your troops and come crashing down the hill in to the road?  It would be funny as heck if gravity was modeled in to the game to that degree.

It would certainly make deployment a whole lot faster.

The alternative to having your JPz attack is to have it lie in wait... You've got good eyes on the Firefly, it seems, so you should be able to spring an ambush with the Tank Destroyer.

I had a bit of a red mist moment, and the orders are already given. I was just too mad to stop and think.

Either way, this fight will be over soon. The anti-tank gun is my last uncommitted resource.

Edited by SLIM