Because Bradley

Jammersix

I'll stop as a favor to you, Sublime. They've never been "good" to me, and I've never cared about his mood. He's in our thread about our game, rather than where he should be about his issue.

Now someone get over to second platoon and fix their radios.

From what I've seen you like an aggressive, agitative posting style. How you post in other Forums is not my concern, but how you post here is. You agreed to a code of conduct when you signed up. If you are unwilling to follow the rules you will be banned from posting. And tossing abuse at not only a Moderator, but the Owner, of this Forum is certainly not permissible. This is your last warning.

Steve

this is a lot more fun than playing the computer.

Welcome to PBEM. :-)

I just discovered this thread. While I enjoy trash talking and admire people who are willing to back up their bragging by "stepping into the ring" as it were, I'm sorry to say that I'm having trouble following the action in this "DAR", mostly due to the "one liner" posting style and lack of screenshots or videos. So......who's winning?

Oh, and I also want to take this opportunity to agree with IanL and Baneman regarding Probes. If you have two opponents of similar skill level playing a PBEM, a Probe will usually give the defender an "even" chance at winning. An Attack or Assault will usually be won by the attacker, in my experience (at least in the WW2 games....I'm a noob at modern).

uh.. as i posted above theres a seperate scrnshot thread i opened midway thru itll have early game screenies when game is done. we.re beginning two new games so FOR THE LAST TIME im offering to take screens of the inf only or combkned arms russian attack from the start. and as far as one liners almost all my posts have been lengthy explanations. The screens can be seen in THE MYTH OF BRADLEY ( OR IS IT BC BRADLEY ) NO JAMMERSIX. And agree with Ian and Baneman? Not to mention me who first mentioned it in this thread and others? Not that I came up with the idea but are you reading my posts or do you have me on ignore or something?

Vanir, I like using mines alot especially as Russians. I derive especial pleasure from well placed AP mines ( like in a graveyard that has seeming perfect cover or on 'forced entrances' (only door) to a building with perfect los.

In this case because battle size I didnt get mines and to be honest I have bought that many in BS. Though I certainly have and especially in WW2 games. Also your right just three At mine spots, each on a bottleneck point of the paved road, would gave really hurt the Thunder Run. Though certainly not stopped, the size certaknly gave me minimum rage issues, and I KO.d a Brad near the water on my rear that blocks the road. The true beginning of Jammers thunder run was an Abrams along my extreme right on the map edge crashing through undergrowth.

Edited by Sublime

All organized resistance next the river has ceased. Patrols are encountering small pockets of unorganized resistance.

Enemy infantry is attacking piecemeal from the west.

The north road junction is back in Russian hands.

Charley Tango Mike.

All organized resistance next the river has ceased. Patrols are encountering small pockets of unorganized resistance.

Enemy infantry is attacking piecemeal from the west.

The north road junction is back in Russian hands.

Charley Tango Mike.

So....did you lose?

Edit:  Hey, good luck to both you and Sublime, seriously. Props for manning up and posting this DAR (even if my old brain can't understand half of it, you young whippersnappers).

Screenshots when convenient, please. And let me know who won.

Edited by Doug Williams

I think Sublime put up a thread of screenshots.

I suppose my comments won't make any sense unless you're looking at the map.

Enemy air continues to plague us.

Speaking of young whippersnappers, my youngest platoon leader, fresh out of West Point, tells me that "Charley Tango Mike" is no longer up to date, and has been replaced by "Charley Mike".

Young punk...

Charley Tango Mike.

Doug I dont know why you.re having trouble understanding me when everyone else can. Yes some posts are through cellphone.  My last post pointed out I was the first to mention the probe point issue though I dont claim to have thought of it (just thought it odd you mention IanL and Baneman when the subject came up here because I brought it up..?)

Second there ARE screenshots if you just look at the Because Bradley Screenies Thread ( NO JAMMERSIX ) thats the title.  Yes the screenies began halfway through the battle because I never intended to do a DAR.

If you reread my posts and look at the screens it should make sense.  At least it seems to, to several other people.  I offered to do a more proper DAR with screenies basically from the beginning however, noone seems interested in a DAR on my side of a Large sized huge map Russian attack on the US, or a medium size Large map Infantry only ME between high quality russian infantry and US infantry.

Doug is the picture clearer now? So noone wants screens from our bigass infantry only ME and a DAR or a DAR with screens of a huge Russian combined arms attack? clocks ticking its already two turns in, a smoke screen i laid is building and an Su25 got shot down.

Ill post Bradley screenies later then either tonight or tomorrow the end of battle screen. Looks like Jammer will actually win. Shame but I feel like I gave him a real run for his money and if the map had been bigger he.d have lost.

Basically some teams that had acquired RPG26s like my bttn hq (my alter ego) were gunned down because US thermals and two half squads with RPG 7s running through deep woods to buildings were gunned down as well. Im down to one AT14 with one crewmen and he.s broken but under control and an At13 with two crewmen one wounded. I have about a platoon and a half. ×Interestingly the mostly full strength platoon is in his rear setting up ambush positions.

I have the Su25 on its way but its still a few turns out and also the last of my 155mm on its way too.

At this point against one Abrams and a couple Brads victory is all but impossible but inflicting more horrific losses on the enemy isnt out of spite.

Plus you never know, one lucky bomb from the plane and a couple RPG shots and Ill win. Screenies of current situation in other thread in about 30-45 minutes.

Ok more screenies up.  The battle is essentially lost. Ill run it a few more turns, and probably have to surrender. Then Ill post end of battle map screenies and the stats.

So noone wants a DAR from beginning of either of the other battles huh? Ok fair nuff. Thanks for the 'compliment' lol

psh doug obviously the picture wasnt clearly. that was not an asswhupping. 5-6 bradleys and 2 abrams for about a company of russian inf, 3 t90as and somw atgms? he def did win his first pbem though good show on that.

though i think on a larger map he may have some rude surprises. US thermals a great super close. long range things can be tougher.

And murphys law also sometimes can screw up a perfect plan. which mine wasnt but it wasnt a bad setup, ill post some original setup screenies once battles officially over.

I post on a cell phone sometimes yes Doug, i work about 60-80 hrs a week.

Sublime,

I am most definitely interested in any battle you care to post about, and I have no idea why you haven't heard from anyone else on this matter. OTOH, it is the weekend! As for the battle now ending, I'd think that Jammersix is winning/won by taking the VL (has to control it outright, right?), but would've lost for sure based on the terrible casualties you inflicted relative to your own "much cheaper as long as you're not one of them" losses. Were this to get out without Pentagon PIO massage, I think there'd be a huge outcry over what happened. President Putin is impressed with your fighting spirit and regrets he couldn't manage tacnuke release in time. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Sublime and Jammersix,

If the battle is really over, would one of you please post the tally screen and the end of game map shots, preferably with the enhanced lighting setting (if it's available for dawn/dusk) used so we can see what's there? Jammersix, have you selected a sculptor yet for your Bradley? Also, time to start thinking a bout a plinth. I know of an excellent quarry which has supplied green granite for many important projects. To the victor goes a sculpture on the Washington Mall. I look forward to see the two of you once again enter the fires of battle.

Regards,

John Kettler