Because Bradley

Jammersix

I am HIGHLY amused that everyone wants rules governing the use of APS, as well as when and where artillery can be used.

Well it is nice that you are amused.  Honestly, I have no idea why, the only person I play with that has a thing about no APS is Sublime so I think your concept of everyone is a bit off.

Since everyone is afraid to face Bradleys with APS, my point stands.

I'm not sure where your point stands.  I have no particular fear of Bradley APS or not.  M1s on the other hand freak me out.  Seems like that is how it would be.  I too am looking forward to hearing about how Sublime does wrecking Bradleys.

fine put aps on your bradleys if your so confident. even though the US doesnt currently field APS and Id have no problem using just T90As. i wasnt aware the aps *made* the bradleys however.. the currently nonexistent on US bradleys. we.ll do aps and ill still kill em.

Edited by Sublime

Jammersix,

This should prove most interesting. If you're running into outposts, that tells me he's defending. If your lead tank, presumably one of a handful, is shot up, I'd imagine there are quite a few blown ERA tiles in consequence. Places now exposed to ATGM and RPG fire. Wonder what your subsystem damage display looks like? Depending on range, the AGS-17/30 (don't know which) grenades have a looping trajectory, so even on level ground, they may be hitting your turret roof, putting a lot of important components in jeopardy, starting with the CITV which provides a great deal of the Abrams tactical edge. If he can shoot up an Abrams, what do you suppose is likely to happen to your far less tough Bradleys? 

Sublime,

How big is this QB, please, and could you describe or better yet list the map for us?

Regards,

John Kettler

Jammersix,

Brilliant!  I was eating yogurt when I read that, and...it was a near run thing.

If Sublime holds true to form, you are about to be mercilessly set upon by rooks, as in Grach. Best to just embrace the experience. Please keep us all posted and take comfort in the knowledge your Bradleys, as modeled, have zero ADA capability!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

I'm probing Voloske at dawn, with a strict rarity factor.

A probe because Sublime has more respect for (and fear of) Bradleys than he's admitted, and doesn't want me to have anything like the force I need to attack or, god forbid, assault Voloske. He wants "parity". In battle.

Ok and the kill count is 1 T90 killed for 2 Abrams,  1 US aircraft (un ID'd) and roughly 20-30 dead GIs. for a T90 and about a platoon and half of Russian troops and some grenade launchers. and he has NOT hit my main defensive line, just screening forces =D

Hes probing yes. I told him he could have APS. Hes probing not because of Bradley but because of the way point values are in game.  Probe gives you the closest to parity with an advantage to attacker without  say 2:1 attacker defender advantage.  Id say that since US gets more points in probes and has highly better equipment its more than fair.  And I'd also say that 1 T90 (because Bradley) for 2 abrams, 1 US a/c, and at least a platoon and two javelin teams for a couple AGS teams and a platoon and half  of way cheaper Russian infantry is a trade Ill take anyday. especially since he hasnt hit most of my AT equipment and ambush spots

I said near parity btw - probe attackers still get like 1.5 to 1 attacking odds, and considering the Abrams is a more or less super tank and the javelin cannot be defeated by APS whilst all Russian ATGMs can, Id say all the odds are in the US favor.  I look forward to the new humbler Bradley posts and Jammers impending AAR upon defeat.

And the Bradley killed the T90 with a ToW2 if the top turret penetrations any indication (oh and I didnt take APS anyways. I think it cheapens things)

Oh and one other thing. One T90A already knocked out two Abrams, its a few minutes in.

Edited by Sublime

I would but I can't stop laughing.

Screen shot please, video preferred but we'll take what we can get.

+1 Twitter-esque updates are great, but us older generation like screenshots!

Preferably captured with emphasis of KABOOM!! ROAR!! moments; no preferences for destructed war machinery of either NATO or Russian origin...  :P

Edited by gnarly

welcome to my wonderful world of pbem. told ya bradley was a meh general and against humans a mwh vehicle.. beats the hell outta bmps but i wasnt arguing that. the original assertion was all u needed was brads u brought along abrams too but thats fine. btw did u just lose a bradley? my t90 shot at it and i saq an explosion on it just as it popped smoke and reversed. was that an iron tree or dead bradley? :)

Jammersix,

To chortle over obliterating one of Sublime's GLs (and later a T-90 via a Bradley) while neglecting to mention losing two Abrams to one T-90 is, to me, selective reporting of the highest order. Guess that's what the Pentagon calls "shaping the narrative." If you killed a T-90 with a TOW 2B from the Bradley, that wouldn't surprise me in the least, having done it myself to a T-90AM in a QB--an instant before my command track blew up, killing all aboard. 

Sublime,

Sounds like you're doing what you said you would, showing the world the Russian Bear has slashing claws and rending teeth. I always knew it did, but you seem to really be in your element in using the Red Army in battle. What you're doing to his Abrams force is simply amazing. What's the word on your flyboys? Iron tree? Good one!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

(oh and I didnt take APS anyways. I think it cheapens things)

On the contrary, it makes things far more expensive ;)

I allow Russians to have Arena in my house rules but I don't use them myself. Because of Javelin. It is much more useful against Ukraine.

I need to give orders to dead people. Can an engineer or a breech team (same thing,) do that?

Some of these orders are urgent. Oh, and I need an Abrams mechanic.

{Jammer gazes at the raging fire in the turret, and listens to the rounds cooking off.}

A really good Abrams mechanic.

Edited by Jammersix