CMRT module. A rough estimate will do.

I should add one more thing about the development priorities. Some Eastern Front Fanatics Club members think that we should, believing that their numbers and dedication warrant a higher rating on the development calendar. The irony is if we did take Eastern Front interest into account for development decisions, it would result in an even longer wait time for new content because the Eastern Front isn't the area of strongest interest. So be happy we're using different logic because it will result in more CMRT content sooner than it would otherwise :D

Steve

Funny, my wife has the same way of arguing as you have. Always makes me regret opening my mouth. :)

I live near Amsterdam, Borg, not Rotterdam. :) 

I do like Market Garden, that's for sure. My passion for history began with a visit to the Airborne museum at Hartenstein, when I was a boy. I regret to say I can't watch the annual airborne landings op de Ginkelse Heide this year, because I'm abroad at that time. But the Eastern Front, well, I guess I am an Eastern Front Fanatic. I'm interested in most historical periods, from Byzantium to Napoleon and from the Crusades to WW1, but the Eastern Front never ceases to fascinate me. 

I was thinking of packs.. Or module, do we (the community) know wether the next expansions will feature progressively AFTER bagration, or are there thoughts to include the initial invasion of USSR By Germany (ie Op Barbarossa). ? I may be wrong ... But CMRT currently features bagration onwards? (At least in campaigns, though I might be incorrect, there is just one scenario on Op Citadel) thanks guys.

I was thinking of packs.. Or module, do we (the community) know wether the next expansions will feature progressively AFTER bagration, or are there thoughts to include the initial invasion of USSR By Germany (ie Op Barbarossa). ? I may be wrong ... But CMRT currently features bagration onwards? (At least in campaigns, though I might be incorrect, there is just one scenario on Op Citadel) thanks guys.

To rehash old ground: the next OstFront release will be covering months between the end of what's covered in CM:RT and the end of the war. Announced plans (which are, naturally, subject to change) are that the previous years will be dealt with in reverse chronological order, with a Family per year of war, summer-to-summer. So there'll be a CM:(?)Kursk(?) covering 43 summer, with modules covering the fall-winter-spring into 44, then a CM:(?Stalingrad?) covering Summer 42, with modules later for the time between then and what ?Kursk? covers, and the Barbarossa family, if they get that far, will be last. Reasons for doing it this way that they've mentioned include:

• reusing already-developed material (They've already got a lot of German equipment for '43 done, either as FI content, or because it's very similar to RT equipment, similarly, but without the FI element, Russian models that were already in service in '43 and remained in service til Bagration have already got a head start). This, I think, was the primary business reason for going with Bagration to start; there's probably more interest in the "mid-war", Kursk, amongst the community, but many of the German vehicles for 44 had already been done and that could be leveraged to get RT out sooner and cheaper. I'm sure you can see that starting from scratch and having to build all the early war models from scratch to do a Bagration model first would have been harder.
  • interestingness. In '44, the tactical attributes of both sides are more evenly matched, which makes for more potential for the kind of engagements "we" seem, as a community, to like: encounters where each side has a chance of winning, without complicated asymmetrical VCs. Operationally, of course, the Germans were on the back foot and couldn't have reversed that because of the actual strategic situation, but both sides have kick-ass armour and there's no undercurrent of "Russian troops have to be poorly-equipped, led and motivated conscripts".
  • interest. Derived from the above, there's more perceived interest in 43 than 41, and getting to 43 via 44 was easier than starting from TO&E 'scratch' in '41.

That's how I see it, anyway.

• 1 year later...

Some time ago, in another thread, Steve said that it wasn't decided yet whether the new CMRT module would have the Waffen SS included, or just concentrate more closely on Heer units and more atmosphere (buildings and such). I can't find that thread anymore, but would appreciate to know whether that decision has been made by now. O, and while you're at it, also please an update on the status of the module. ;) I know Italy is first in line, but some more info should be available by now perhaps.

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 22/08/2015 at 0:34 PM, Abbasid111 said:

I am the complete opposite from you Aragorn. i found CMRT is my least played CMx2 game (ahead of CMSF and CMA) even tho looking at my bookshelf you would see it is heavy on Pike and shot era warfare and history, Napoleon and the Russian front.

But CMBS, now that is at the top on my list and has been since its release. And there is something about the Italian Theater that appeals to me . Maybe its the different terrain or the fact that it is one lesser well-known campaigns in WWII.

Like you i will probably every release BFC has planned right now. Looking forward to the Bulge and that green hell called Hurtgen!

Regards,

Abbasid

I'm an East front nut myself and I agree..CMBN and it's modules and now FB get played more than CMRT.  '41 to end of '42 would I'm sure get played way more than all of them when they start to arrive.

Also looking at this thread of people asking before last summer when will we get the next module seems abit odd when we where told releases would be alot quicker as they have more than one team working on them..is that not the case anymore?

8 minutes ago, Wodin said:

Also looking at this thread of people asking before last summer when will we get the next module seems abit odd when we where told releases would be alot quicker as they have more than one team working on them..is that not the case anymore?

Apparently not. Having to manage so many versions of the game, each with its own packs and patches, might be bogging them down. Of all the sincere positive adjectives I could use about this game series' development, 'fast' is not one of them.

48 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Apparently not. Having to manage so many versions of the game, each with its own packs and patches, might be bogging them down. Of all the sincere positive adjectives I could use about this game series' development, 'fast' is not one of them.

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. How long ago is it that CMFB came out?

4 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. How long ago is it that CMFB came out?

Not saying they're not doing anything, just that it happens slowly. They got CMFB out the door, but what about modules and packs (and bug fixes) for the other games? That's what Wodin was asking about...

22 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Not saying they're not doing anything, just that it happens slowly. They got CMFB out the door, but what about modules and packs (and bug fixes) for the other games? That's what Wodin was asking about...

Fair enough. You know, I know that the eastern front isn't everybody's cup of tea, but as soon as the winter module is out, for me the world will be perfect.  Although I must say that Kohlenklau's winter mod really makes a difference and makes the waiting a lot more bearable.

Well I have not visited the Forums in some time... seems not much has changed, nothing new really.  The good thing is, is that between CMBN series, FB, Red thunder and the Italian Campaign, I am busy... but slowly running out of scenarios I have not played.  Maybe I will upload a new scenario to Red Thunder, or CMBN.  Anyways hello everyone and I hope everyone is doing well.

7 minutes ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

Maybe I will upload a new scenario to Red Thunder, or CMBN. 

Yes ,please ! Upload away...:P

And a bit of good news if you perhaps have not seen it.

As for nothing much happening right now when it comes to new modules/packs might have to do with the fact that the V4.0 game engine update is taking priority.

It was mentinoed by BF in another thread that this update is very high up on their release Schedule...Hopefully soon !

17 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

<Snip> slowly running out of scenarios I have not played. <Snip> 

I thought you might have missed the below post since you away from the forums.  @IanL made a very useful resource which is linked below.  I had no idea there were so many scenarios I had not heard of or played.  Welcome back.