Could there be a CM Korea?

20 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Bah, no. I once tried an early ToW title, but could not come to like it.

Rather wait for better times.

The latter ones are better, IMHO. Kursk is probably my favourite. They're like super cheap on Steam too, I got like the entire collection for like 8 CAD.

Edited by DerKommissar

didnt read any posts - Id love CM Nam but I dont think graphics are there yet where we could do jungle combat that didnt look off graphically.

No, I just posted because I remembered when I played CMSF alot back in the day I liked the Canucks best if I wanted to get thw most Americans in Vietnam feeling equipment wise. Mostly based off their m16 lookalikes and the squad lmgs and compositions. 

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 6:39 AM, Bulletpoint said:

Has BattleFront ever said anything about making/not making a CM game based on the Korean War?

Is it covered by the same apparent fear and loathing as the Pacific theater?

Sorry if this has been debated to death already, my searches didn't bring up anything...

I could care less if BF ever made a CMx2 Korean War...I would rather see them make a WWII Pacific Theater instead, but not before finishing-up all the relevant WWII Euro Front titles :-)  

Edited by JoMc67

21 hours ago, Sublime said:

No, I just posted because I remembered when I played CMSF alot back in the day I liked the Canucks best if I wanted to get thw most Americans in Vietnam feeling equipment wise. Mostly based off their m16 lookalikes and the squad lmgs and compositions. 

Implying that SF Canucks = 'nam Yanks?

Hey, we're replacing our M113s, okay? Eventually... in 2020... maybe... Also, Hueys and Sea Kings... Oh wait... xD 

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

What would be good is if BF announced a new game in which the Russians and Chinese joined forces to invade N. Korea and sort Kim out.  If past history is anything to by, that would then happen in RL.

If they wanted to sort Kim out, they'd hardly need an invasion. Kim would simply have an accident, and be revealed to be a long-time Western sympathizer. Then Kim 2, a newly groomed leader would take charge of the party and do as their larger benefactors say. All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again.

I'll admit, I'd be pretty excited for CM: Korea, or Vietnam, or even FULDA GAP (if you can believe it). It'd play well with the Fallout soundtrack. No current (unless they update CMA) Cold War CM, though. Doubt we'll get one. BFC seems to be focusing on WW2 and the 21st century, so CM3 is probably gonna be set there.

Edited by DerKommissar

21 hours ago, Erwin said:

in which the Russians and Chinese joined forces to invade N. Korea and sort Kim out.

ROFL....Why the **** would they possibly do that?  :lol:

He's busy tying the world's current 'Superpower' up in diplomatic knots, leaving them to get on with making themselves into the world's next 'Superpower'.....The train has left the station and the US doesn't even have a valid ticket (apparently your president tore it up in a fit of piqué).  :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

36 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

ROFL....Why the **** would they possibly do that?  :lol:

He's busy tying the world's current 'Superpower'  up in diplomatic knots, leaving them to get on with making themselves into the world's next 'Superpower'.....

Exactly. Kim has plenty of support from Putin and Xi

36 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

The train has left the station and the US doesn't even have a valid ticket (apparently your president tore it up in a fit of piqué).  :rolleyes:

Or it was taken from his desk and hidden from him by a member of his staff...

I suspect from their perspective Kim is viewed as a 'Useful Idiot', he brings a certain amount of trouble into the equation (THAAD at your doorstep), but they already know that the US would just come up with another pretext even if Kim weren't in the picture (QV: US missiles defending against the 'Iran Threat' all along Russia's western frontier).  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

your president

Ooops... showing your bias and prejudice again.  :rolleyes:

Was more of a Sanders (not necessarily Gary or Sarah)/Libertarian supporter.  But, had I been elected Pres I woulda recognized that China is our mortal enemy, done something about NK, done something to halt US jobs being outsourced abroad, done something to stop companies fleeing abroad, done something to halt unrestricted illegal immigration, and make getting our economy moving again...   But why be delusional?  <sigh>  Those things were never accomplished before and will never be done by our corrupt politicians who are in bed with media and large corporate interests selling our country away.  Oh wait...   :P

9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Dude whether you like (or indeed voted for) him or not, he is the president of the USA.....That's not bias and prejudice, it's a fact.  Or are you no longer a US citizen?  :rolleyes:

How many Sgt Squareheads are there?  Which one said:  "...apparently your president tore it up in a fit of piqué)."  (Italics added.)

CM: Korea, 'nam, Iran/Iraq, Napoleon would be fun. Could you imagine a sci-fi CM? A CM: W40k or a CM: Star Wars? Mixing stuff from WW2 titles with future/modern titles?

Imperial guard WW2 advances on drone-heavy Tau positions? Scouting with AT-STs?

It'd be really easy to make a CM: Star Trek. Just pick up any CM game and convince yourself that a squad is actually Starfleet guys in disguise -- which will account for about 30% of all the series.

25 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

<snipped>

Could you imagine a sci-fi CM?

<snipped>

Yes, easily.  Deja vu all over again.  😎

Long long ago (2006), in a galaxy far away, Battlefront provided a real-time strategy game of mechanized combat in the far future; Drop Zone.  I would have liked to have tried it before it went away.