Not on Steam. any particular reason?

chohan85

Hello

ok first of all.. Theater of war is on steam so that is the reason i am asking this here.

Why have the Combat Mission games not placed on steam? i understand that steam takes a cut from the sale.

so is that the reason why CM games are not put to sale on steam or is their some other reasons behind it? 

Theater of war is developed by 1C. Battlefront just published it for 1C in the west while 1C holds all rights for the title, and decides freely on which platform to distribute it.  Combat mission is developed and self published by Battlefront, and they don't see steam as a fitting distribution platform for them.

Edited by kazeko

BFC have said: "We looked at Steam, and it wasn't for us." They have not been specific about what elements of selling on Steam did not suit them, but given it's their business, and they're interested in it succeeding, I think you have to respect their assessment, since they're the ones that have the information about what they would need to do to get "all Steamed up" and have a view on how that would affect a) their bottom line and B) their work environment.

Any speculation from people who aren't Steve or Charles is frankly not worth the photons that carry the information from screen to eye, since nobody but them knows enough to make any kind of realistic assessment on the matter.

Locking before this turns into another endless argument about the merits of Steam, yet again. There are a couple of links posted in this thread for those that wish to read up further previous threads regarding the subject.